1/5 scale Nitro bike shocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
Okay, here's what I need. Just like the wheelie bars on the "Bling Thing" Savage, this won't be off the rack.
I'll have to extend the shocks and do some machining to make this fit, but first I'll need some info on really thin shocks. I'm guessing they would probably be from a mini or micro but I'll need to get an idea of what's available before I start altering this to fit on the bike.
Any help on a good selection of sites is what I need.

T3277SILVER.jpg

How long are those now and how much longer you thinking?

From the upper to the lower mounting screw hole center they are right about 1 3/4" or 45mm extended. They are right at 3/8" wide. I really would like to keep them as thin as possible for the scale look, but I'll be needing about 3" in length.
What you see on the wheelie bar is only a spring assembly and I need an oil filled shock as a damper.

The shocks on my ecx smash are just about the right size I think, but in black plastic. Seems like any better quality you start getting into pretty large around sizes.

---------- Post added at 7:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:27 PM ----------

These are 52mm eye to eye and 10mm wide.

Here they are in blue alum.

Last edited:
The width would work, but I need them longer to avoid adding an extender bracket.
I really prefer alloy, but I may have to settle for less.

From the upper to the lower mounting screw hole center they are right about 1 3/4" or 45mm extended. They are right at 3/8" wide. I really would like to keep them as thin as possible for the scale look, but I'll be needing about 3" in length.
What you see on the wheelie bar is only a spring assembly and I need an oil filled shock as a damper.

I did leave my helmet on the bus again, but I'm confused; do you need 1 3/4" or 3" length extended?

The stockers are 1 3/4. I'll need about 3" for what I'd like to do.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Wow, these just might do it. Internal springs, keeping them really narrow.
101mm, about 4". Hopefully I can find something like it but a little shorter.

http://store.rc4wd.com/The-Ultimate-Scale-Shocks-100mm-Silver-_p_912.html

DSC_2660.jpg

Mmmm sexy lookin appetite your getting here with parts!

I've found some in 85mm that should work. Now to look around some more.
You KNOW they've gotta' have that bling.

Associated RC18T Type II

$(KGrHqR,!qgFHJVejnWbBR7vWFwz7!~~60_3.jpg

Anyone know how many mms these are? Looking for 80 to 85.
I can't find that info.

Make sure you get shocks with that reliable Integy stamp on them, they make the best parts ever! :hehe:

Last edited:
Well, I've taken apart the stock unit in the first post and started to experiment. Last night I dug out my box of shocks and started swapping some parts till I came up with something that just might get it started in the right direction..
Pics in a little while.

Back