1/5 scale engines?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hulkmaxx

Wanna know my secrect. I'm always ANGRY!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Maybe dumb question but will pretty much any 1/5 scale engine fit any 1/5th scale rig?

Maybe dumb question but will pretty much any 1/5 scale engine fit any 1/5th scale rig?

You mean a gasser 21.5cc ,23cc an up?

Usually it depends on how the engine is proportioned!
For example ,a weedeater engine ,the clutch shoes are direct off the flywheel ,an a buggy that we run ,the pull start works off the
flywheel ,they are like backwards ,but ,you mightt can turn the crankshaft around ,but not the piston!...:D

No I meant like the difference in like other 1/5 scale engines. Like interchangeable with like all brands? And like what is the better of the engines?

I would think they would want to keep a similar bolt pattern and crank size but I'm not sure. It just makes sense.

@hulkmaxx generally yes most 1/5th scale engines will fit the most popular 1/5th scale RC's.

My chimera and rampage xt are decent so far. What I've found is the redcat copy carb or whatever on trucks stock kind of suck. Walbro 990 seems to be best carb or the walbro 668.

My chimera and rampage xt are decent so far. What I've found is the redcat copy carb or whatever on trucks stock kind of suck. Walbro 990 seems to be best carb or the walbro 668.

A 32cc engine is a pretty big size engine ,I'm not sure about the numbers on the carbs ,but should be able to get
a Walbro carb to match ,all those carbs always have the same bolt size pattern ,but have to watch out for
the butterfly linkage & choke set up!...:cool:

Rampage forum stated the walbro 990 direct bolt and hook up. No choke but all said no issue just prime 5 times fires right up.

I would imagine most ppl would just rip the choke off Anyways but they must be a BLAST in the snow!!!

I just got a used redcat chimera 4x4 and it does not start. thy guy said it did and ran and now will not start. I am going to check spark and go from there. any hints tricks. where can I find a manual for it for car tuning and stuff like that.

I just got a used redcat chimera 4x4 and it does not start. thy guy said it did and ran and now will not start. I am going to check spark and go from there. any hints tricks. where can I find a manual for it for car tuning and stuff like that.

If the engine has sat for a long period of time ,then its possible that the carb has dried out!
But if so ,it should at least start with choke on or a squirt of gas in the carb.!

You can check spark by pulling plug an hold plug against the head while pull starting the engine ,you
should be able to see the spark on the plug. Try cleaning the plug ,I use a wire brush or some sand paper!:cool:

I clean my Weedwhacker, and lawn mower plugs with a wire brush. Sometimes I'll let the tips sit in a mild solvent if they're very dirty. But I always keep a second plug just in case.

Back