1/24 printed pan cars

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright guys , just released a vid covering the V2.0 pan car!! files will be available on my cults the first part of May for FREE of course!

Alright, been a minute since I updated over here. The 1/24 pan car has been pulled from my cults listings.. The intent was always to replace it with a race legal 1/28 platform when I was happy with the performance from the design. The 1/28 design was released back in May. Just now staring to get feedback from people RACING the platform in their local 1/28 mod /pan car classes. Here is the cults link for the 1/28 pan car listing https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/various/1-28-r-c-pan-car
.. That being said People are doing well with the platform.. Here is a FB post I woke up to the other morning. Guy is putting a $20 printed chassis on the podium next to $300-$400 chassis like G+L.. Put a GIGANTIC smile on my face waking up to this the other morning..
reason for time.png

We went live with the assembly walk through for the 1/28 pan car today!

Hi Chad, and anyone else who's interested,
I joined the RCTalk forum today because I found your 1/24 and 1/28 scale pan car post here on RCTalk https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/1-24-printed-pan-cars.133777/page-3#post-1394599 and the 1/28 scale 3D models and video on cults3d https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/various/1-28-r-c-pan-car. I have been looking at options of what would be the best car to run indoors this winter on the ~28'x60' office grade carpet in my church fellowship hall, located in Kent WA, 20 miles south of Seattle. I have been running my 40 year old Associated RC12i brushed pan car there, but it is a little too big and fast for the area, especially for racing. And hard to create additional low cost cars for racing with others. I have been dreaming of and trying to find a carpet pan car that I can build from a kit or 3d print with added hardware and electronics to keep costs at a minimum. Finding a low cost source for tires is also key. I am not sure if 1/28 scale cars can run on our carpet, but the 1/12 scale car with foam tires works great. I can't use any traction additives since it is at church. So I am leaning toward a 1/16 to 1/24 scale car. I have been looking at small carpet buggies like the Mini-Z 1/28, Carisma GT24B 1/24 and Losi Mini-b 1/16 scale cars, but they are a little pricey and overly complex or proprietary, and have oil filled shocks that may be at risk of leaking on the carpet.
I am a retired aerospace engineer wanting to get back into RC racing and getting into 3d design and printing, and this carpet car idea seems like a good fit. If I can keep the cost low enough, and the build and maintenance simple enough, that might encourage others to join me. Any advice and help to get started would be appreciated!
Thanks, Tom

Chad,
Also, where can I get access to your videos of the 1/28 scale car driving? Do you have any more info on the 1/24 scale car, if it looks like the 1/28 scale car would not run well on the office carpet at my church.