1/10 high roller problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtaylortank

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Ok so I got a used high roller off ebay.( it was a roller) I also got a motor/esc combo (was supposed to be new) and controler/reciever combo. now I got everything to work finally made a binding plug after i figured out what I needed. finally got the esc. set and got it working good, or so I thought. the motor fried had smoke coming out from under the body so I took it off and it was coming from the motor so I go to pull the wires to unhook the motor and the wires were so hot the stretched right apart!!!!
I am trying to figure out if it was just the motor or if it's the esc. because I hooked up an older tower hobbies motor that came with the highroller and that got pretty hot for a short run I would say 150 degrees atleast. that is why I was kinda wondering if the esc. could be messing up and fried the motor..

The other thing is does anyone have an idea of what motor would work good in this buggy to keep me and the kids using it until I decide to go brushless with it.??? I am lost when it comes to electric!!! now nitro I can tear down and normally figure out the problem but with electric not a clue.. Please and thank you !!!!

Did the your esc have proper air flow? My sct has a chassis dirt cover and when I run it with the cover for like 3 mins it gets WAY hot along with the motor too so maybe your esc just got wayy to hot and burned it up? Not exactly sure, is your esc still working?

yup. the only problem I noticed was trying to set the throttle and brake, trying to figure out the proper push on the button.. losi is so different from traxxas!!!

Back