ÜberMaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wdavidhicks

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well gentlemen, I've taken this vehicle about as far as I think I want to take it. Took it out for a bash a few weeks ago and busted some shocks and shattered a fuel tank.

It's now ready for action again.

Just added were:

UE Supershocks
Hardcore body mounts
Slimline aluminum tank.

Other goodies include:

Hardcore .21 conversion chassis and rear skid
RPM skids
RC-Solutions bulkheads
Integy towers
Motor Saver air filter
Picco Outlaw
THS pipe
Fioroni turbo sliding clutch
OEM 1/8-scale spur for RRP's slipper from Dusty Attic
RRP FOC gearset
MIP bones and CVD's
UE diffs
RPM arms, knuckles and bearings
Acer ceramic bearings everywhere else
dual brake discs
Holmwrecker toe links
JR synth FM receiver
Venom failsafe
Hobbico switch harness and Ernst charge receptacle
NiMh hump pack
CF radio tray
HiTec HS-645 (T/B) and HS-5645 (steer) servos
ProLine steering kit

I'd have provided a shot with the body on but it's still just my crappy old desert sand-colored Hummer body with numerous Shoe-Goo lexan patches all over it. I hafta brush up my airbrush skills and paint the F350 extended body that's been sitting under my table for a year.

ubermaxx1.jpg

ubermaxx2.jpg

ubermaxx3.jpg

ubermaxx4.jpg

ubermaxx5.jpg

ubermaxx6.jpg

ubermaxx7.jpg

This is the culmination of about two years' work. As you might guess, I have enough good parts left over to build another T-Maxx. It won't be near the expense this one was, but I'd like to make it a little better than stock.

I'm thinking of at least RC-Solutions' roll cage this time. (Protect all my stock parts, right?)

I don't think my old TRX25 engine is worth a damn anymore. It turns way too easy.

What do you guys think about this OS engine? http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHLW0&P=ML

I know some of you really like this Sirio engine too... http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDRB9&P=7

dude if you got a .21 conversion kit then you need the Sirio .27...NOTHING touches that for monster truck engines...it turns more RPMs thanmost buggy engines do......and has the HP to pull an MT all through the power Curve.....those mills you lokin at are for stock chassis size.......

Very sweet max!!! I've head alot of good things about the o.s .18, I know when I get some $$$ I'm going to upgrade to one, More POWER!!!!

Just curious why are you running 4 shocks, are they just that much better than normal shocks and thats all you need?

Ya four UE Shocks are all you need, they are that much better. I think somone here put eight and it was way to stiff.

Thanks for the props, guys!

Hi Plaid: I want the engine for a stock-size truck that is currently in a thousand pieces under my table.

NC: I got that Slimline billet tank from Tower: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXEPJ0

Jesse: Those shocks are phenomenally tough and flawlessly engineered.

Tarant said:
I think somone here put eight and it was way to stiff.
Yeah, that was me.

Rpm arms need to go on there. Also the hardcore truggy/mutant maxx (i think) would be my route if i started over. i like the collari.

PiErow said:
Rpm arms need to go on there. Also the hardcore truggy/mutant maxx (i think) would be my route if i started over. i like the collari.

Hi PiErow:

I'm tryin' not to make this second truck a big expensive pocket-drainer. I figure the stock arms will work fine until they break.

If you're talking about the truck in the photos, RPM arms are already on there. (Fast Eddy and SkyMaxx told me about built-in weak points a long time ago...)

This second truck (currently in a thousand pieces) will be an "introductory to nitro" vehicle that I can let friends use with minimal fear that they will cause any extensive damage. With this in mind, a nice roll cage should protect any stock components while the inexperienced try to keep up with me.

What's a collari?

wdavidhicks said:
Hi PiErow:

I'm tryin' not to make this second truck a big expensive pocket-drainer. I figure the stock arms will work fine until they break.

If you're talking about the truck in the photos, RPM arms are already on there. (Fast Eddy and SkyMaxx told me about built-in weak points a long time ago...)

This second truck (currently in a thousand pieces) will be an "introductory to nitro" vehicle that I can let friends use with minimal fear that they will cause any extensive damage. With this in mind, a nice roll cage should protect any stock components while the inexperienced try to keep up with me.

What's a collari?

Good point. This use to be my loner, Then I sold it becuse after my friend tried it, he wanted it. So this is how I got it back.
IMG_0629.gif

After a breif introduction to a wall

wdavidhicks said:
Thanks for the props, guys!

Hi Plaid: I want the engine for a stock-size truck that is currently in a thousand pieces under my table.

NC: I got that Slimline billet tank from Tower: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXEPJ0

Jesse: Those shocks are phenomenally tough and flawlessly engineered.

Yeah, that was me.

Ok I remember seeing that thread, thats cool they work so good and in turn you loose a little weight too.

Well it's about time you finished that thing.... lol Looks great man... Wish I lived closer, we could've had a lil Tug-O-War competition.... lol Mine needs a little TLC & a new Mill..

Clintd said:
So this is how I got it back.
IMG_0629.gif

After a brief introduction to a wall

Ouch... maybe I'll mechanically adjust the linkage to operate at half throttle....

JESSE G said:
Ok I remember seeing that thread, thats cool they work so good and in turn you lose a little weight too.

Don't make fun of us old fat guys....

ImBroken said:
Well it's about time you finished that thing.... lol Looks great man... Wish I lived closer, we could've had a lil Tug-O-War competition.... lol Mine needs a little TLC & a new Mill..

One o' these days I'll drag my sh*t with me on the next family reunion. I can make NY in a couple hours from York, PA.

A collari is a brnd of engine. i was refering to the new .30.

Hey W, that looks great! You made a lot of manufacturers happy with that project! Speaking of which, an RC Solutions roll cage will not fit the HC extended chassis. It will fit your old stock truck project though.

PiErow said:
the hardcore truggy/mutant maxx (i think) would be my route if i started over.

You know not what you wish for on that kit man....I have one and to make it run good I'm doing some ridiculous customizing to it......it will only run a 55t spur gear....even w/ a 12t CB it still is too high of a gear........search threads started by me on mutant maxx and read all the wonderful issues you would be asking for Pierow......if you really want one I've got 2 spare chassis kits for you......

I'm good. lol... Thats a maxx for you.

can i say loaded
holy crrap those rr nice

Back