MIP CVD for Traxxas Slash

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
MIP now offers their popular CVD's for the Traxxas Slash. The new Traxxas Slash CVD's from MIP feature a new design that features red capture rings to hold the coupling pins in place - no more thread lock and no more...

Click to continue

FINALY!! I have been waiting for these for MONTHS!!!!

Sweet! A bit expensive for just two bones, but you do get new outdrive cups and MIP toughness. I will be getting a set.

i think once u got brushless on 3 cell this is most
have u broke alot alpine ,i no u made quick work of the one of your pede

Yea, killed the pede in a day. but still havent broken anything on the slash......

excuse me while i knock on my wood.

I think you're still gonna want to put threadlock on those rings though, especially the left side because of the direction of inertia. I dunno, I think grub screws are a better design. If that ring works it's way off... goodbye pin. There's nothing there to save it from flying out. At least with the grub screw design and the deep well of the bell (like the TMaxx shafts), if the grub screw did get loose, you might get lucky and not lose the pin.

Last edited:
I think you're still gonna want to put threadlock on those rings though, especially the left side because of the direction of inertia. I dunno, I think grub screws are a better design. If that ring works it's way off... goodbye pin. There's nothing there to save it from flying out. At least with the grub screw design and the deep well of the bell (like the TMaxx shafts), if the grub screw did get loose, you might get lucky and not lose the pin.

I wonder what material the coupling rings are made of. If they are plastic threadlock won't work.

Back