HPI Baja 5t - is it real?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Could it be, a HPI Baja 5T? Are these photos even real? By the looks of both photos these look to be very real and judging by the looks of the photos, the HPI Baja 5T is built on the popular HPI Baja SS chassis with a few minor changes to accommodate the full size truck body...

Click to continue

With CORR trucks being so hot right now these things won't stay on the shelf for 5 minutes.

Basically a 5B SS with new body, additional parts to support the body, bumpers, pullstart cover, tires/wheels and probably slightly shorter rear arms.

I actually like the look and hope they offer it as a conversion kit. If not, I may have to sell my Savage, buggy and spleen and pick up a new Baja.

Last edited:
Its real.
It was scheduled to be anounced October 1st but got leaked by a distributor in Europe. Due to this HPI will be releasing official information this week form what we hear. The distributors started taking pre-orders on them today and they are showing up as pre-orders on several retail websites.

Rumor has it that someone in Europe is without a job after this one.

Its pretty cool, but I still like the baja 5b better. When I do get my baja eventually, I will get a set of those tires and wheels though, there just to sick!

After watching the vid they have, I am seeing a bunch of these rubbin' and racin' at the autorcross races next season.

One of this is definitely in my future.

My only gripe is the crap pipe it has. That will have to go and an SS tuned pipe installed instead.

DAMMIT! Not again.
Maybe I can whine a lot before Christmas...

Already up for pre-order.

http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product2928.html

We need a lottery for one.

10620baja5t.jpg

That body looks sweet.

Much nicer looking than the Ramtech truck body.

Having had a FG MT and it being 2WD I have to say it was one heck of a truck but honestly I want a 4WD truck. In fact the biggest reason I moved to a Baja SS is because of the readily available parts and after-market parts.

To me the Baja 5T is just another FG and not yet an MCD truck. There is still rumors flying around that there is another company about to release a large scale and if it's true I'm hoping it's 4WD.

Baja owners have praised the Baja 5b up and down and have also asked for a truck - the requests I've seen was also for this truck to be 4WD. In my opinion HPI only delivered half way. :\ Looks neat and I did't love to test one, but I'm not 100% sold on it yet.

I wonder how dust and what not woud colect in that body with the tires being right there. Love the body though! I'm down for a lotto also lol.

No different than the way it collects in the Slash or Slayer.

It is not an issue.

i think i might just sell my vehicle & buy one of those instead (its getting too expensive)lol. i dont have a drivers license & i keep getting tickets! :( i'd say total $$$ in tickets is enough to buy a couple 5T's, yeah thats my luck! a 4wd would be a + though