HPI Wheely King RTR Truck (10820)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Have you ever experienced the excitement of a monster truck rally? Here's your chance to bring that excitement home! HPI is proud to announce the release of our newest addition to our electric monster truck line, The HPI Wheely King! As the name would imply the HPI Wheely King is designed with the wheelie in mind, perfect wheelie-tuned weight distribution and rear wheelie bar allows you to pull an all day wheelie and also bash with the best of them.

READ MORE

Now that is cool. I wonder if the tubing is actual aluminum or if HPI cheesed out and used plastic.

Got Nitro? said:
Now that is cool. I wonder if the tubing is actual aluminum or if HPI cheesed out and used plastic.

The TVP chassis is made of plastic - don't worry though, I'm sure it won't be long before someone does make aluminum TVPs.

-Michael

wheelyk_17.jpg

FastEddy said:
Wonder if we just found a new 1/12th scale crawler platform.
I thought the exact same thing. Looks pretty sweet!

WoodiE said:
The TVP chassis is made of plastic - don't worry though, I'm sure it won't be long before someone does make aluminum TVPs.

-Michael

Cheesy, Why wouldn't they use Aluminum for the TVP's. It would be attraction to the kit. I just don't know what some companys are thinking anymore.

The more I get to lookin at it, the more I like the design... I wonder what kind of articulation the suspension has, out of box...?

If you go to their site it shows a photo of it with its wheels on a rock.
One would think they would show off the most articulation possible. If so, I'm disappointed.

Another thing I'm noticing in all the photos is that there is no drive train / bog bones from the front diffs to the front wheels. If you look close there is a big empty space where they should be. I do see a spindle but nothing connected to it. Hmmm....

Is this a 2wd unit with a 4wd upgrade?

Attachments

• wheelykinghub.jpg
    wheelykinghub.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 190
You've got better eyes than I do... lol. It shouldn't be all that hard to upgrade it to 4wd - just insert an axle.

It looks like it's also capable of 4 wheel steering, too...

As for the articulation, it wouldn't take much to correct that... The two lower links are the only thing really holding it back, from what I can see.

Just wait; they'll have a "crawler upgrade" package out for it... And I bet all it'll have is a linkage for the rear wheels to steer, a rear axle for the front (since the ends look identical), and some lower links that allow a little more "twist".

They also say its' marketed more towards wheelie-nuts, so I can see why they went with 2wd.

Looks like a similar drivetrain is used in the Kyosho Twin force or any force truck for that matter.

PC250218.jpg

It looks like a three link suspention so it should have some articulation but the angle of the shocks don't help.

Ratzo the Twin Force is a killer truck, my favorite rc to date!

It's not just about its good looks, however - the Wheely King lives up to its name from the second you pull the trigger! With its strong 540-size motor and solid-axle 2WD drive train, the Wheelie King is a joy to drive around tight, twisty circuits or down the street!

yes it's 2wd....i'd get one for mud bogging and stuff just run a 550 sized motor

how many wheelies can someone do before it just gets old... id rather have it be longer, 4wd and be a good crawler and overall driver.

anything can do wheelies.

wow that is pretty sweet does it have reverse? or is that a stupid guestion?

Back