Traxxas takes flight with DR-1 and QR-1 copters

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man thats an ugly radio! lol.

I agree, this should be very interesting. Wonder how they will compare to blade...

---------- Post added at 6:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:32 PM ----------

Also Snook does this mean we will be seeing some highly modded traxxas quads and helis from your workbench?? Lol

Maybe i'll stick a little Pro.15 in one and see it it will fly.:hehe:

Naaah, go big block! It needs lots of torque!

traxxas-dr-1-and-qr-1.jpg

Traxxas is taking to the air, literally with their newly released copters. The Traxxas DR-1 dual-rotor helicopter and the Traxxas QR-1 quad-rotor quadcopter. Both come Ready-To-Fly with LiPo batteries, USB charger, and 4-channel 2.4Ghz transmitter. Both the Traxxas DR-1 and QR-1 offer two skill modes which can be selected with a single click. Choose Normal Mode for easy flight training, then select Expert Mode when you're ready for even sharper response and faster flight!

Click to continue

Question is, will the price be comparable to the Quad that Blade offers? will they be as reliable with it being the first release? I would be hesitant to buy one until the bugs were worked out.

Question is, will the price be comparable to the Quad that Blade offers? will they be as reliable with it being the first release? I would be hesitant to buy one until the bugs were worked out.

Traxxas had some bugs with their TQi remotes when they came out, we had a guy bring his back because something inside melted through the case. I never get the first batch of any new product lol.

Honestly, this is one of the last things I though Traxxas would come out with.. But I'm not that suprised...:hehe: I'm curious to see how they preform.

I'm waiting to see the price plus at least a video before plunking down my hard-earned cash for the quad-copter.

They are very cool, but very much indoor only aircraft. The quad fits in the palm of your hand (much smaller than the Blade MQX), and would be awesome for a winter time toy.

Well Estes (model rockets) has just released a quad that looks very similar to the Traxxas one. It is $35 less than the Traxxas one and only comes with one battery, makes me think they are produced at the same factory.
Estes Proto Q

Traxxas QR-1

Well Estes (model rockets) has just released a quad that looks very similar to the Traxxas one. It is $35 less than the Traxxas one and only comes with one battery, makes me think they are produced at the same factory.
Estes Proto Q

Traxxas QR-1

The remote and everything look almost identical. I would drop $59 for one.

Back