Who has a XXXNT ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by rcwoodtek99
i just bought the losi xxx-nt sport rtr. ~ i would recommend this truck to anyone.

:D
If you have any questions let us know.

thanks eddy. i've only ran the truck once at the local track. seems to handle real well. alot of power available.

Mine is converted to an on road oval racer. I will have some video of racing in a day or so.
The power of the NT is just awesome.
If your truck doesn’t go straight under full throttle on takeoff loosen the slipper clutch 1/8th turn until it does.

Hi I have a xxxnt sport rtr and I love it, talking to people at the track they are the same as the kit just built alittle cheaper, but I would like to mount an AE engine on it how was this done.

Just about any .12 or .15 will fit.
If you are going to race check with your track and see what engins are leagl. Usualy if you change from the .15 Stock engine you will need to go with a .12 to be legal.

The problem is the Ae has a pilot crank and you can't use the losi clutch and flywheel and buy the time its mounted the bell is to far out to hit the spur, I guess you would have to make a mount.

That's right tmaxxster, and that's exactly what my brother did. I don't know the exact dimensions, but he made a mount that extended the side of the chassis just a bit to keep the bell from hitting the spur. Has ran it like this for over a month now without any problems (of course he will now since I said that :beard: )

i was also wondering what engine to buy. i have looked at the fantom .12 engine. this engine should fit. not to sure about the crank though. haven't really looked. anyway, i think the mach .15 engine is a good engine. my question is, if they don't allow .15's in sanctioned race's, then why did they put one in the xxx-nt? it's all a marketing scheme. now you are forced to buy a .12 if you race in those. the track i race at doesn't care. which is nice. although, i would really like to get a new engine for it. i really like the xxx-nt. i have changed set-up from stock. basically, all i really did was put red springs on front with yellows in the back. BIG difference. everything else is still stock set-up. i also was thinking about throwing the mach .15 on my t-maxx. any thought's?

I can't answer about the Mach. I dont know it at all on a personal level.

If you track has a league for .15 stadium trucks, then by all means, go with it! I run the OS CVR .15 in mine and I love it. Dare i say, I love it more than my Maxx?!?!?!?!?

TR .15 next :)

I recently got a XXXN-T ADE(after selling my GT, LOL) and it's GREAT! No problems whatsoever. I'm running a .12 CV-R with the 10C slide carb which gives a real snappy throttle response. I had an AE.15 and it gave pretty good power but it didn't last long and turned into a nightmare:mad:

I have bothh and likemy XXX. I treat my GT like a stepchild now.

I just bought a xxxnt today. This is my first nitro, first R/C in 15 years as a matter of fact. I need any tips, etc. I am so lost witht his thing. I just want to have fun w/ it. What do I need to do to keep it running top notch? Any comments are welcome.

The first thing is to brake the engine in properly.
Read the directions and read them again then read the directions.

During brake in after each tank of fuel check the diff. to make sure it isn't to loose. I believe this is in the directions as well.

DO NOT try to run full throttle until tank 5-6.

This should get you going for a day or two.

Now go read the directions again:thumbsup:

Keeping everything clean and lubed will make the parts last much longer. Use after-run oil in the engine. Break-in the engine properly and keep it tuned correctly. If you have the RTR your diff should be set right. If not you must be certain that your slipper slips before your diff. The two big mistakes that I see new people make are: 1- Not tuning or breaking-in the engine right. Which leads to premature failure. 2- People don't adjust the differential right which leads to a burnt-up diff gear and a pain to fix.

Hope this helped. Have fun with your XXXN-T

I know how to keep the diff tight, but how do I adjust the slipper? I mean what setting?

I have a adam drake with a jr xr3i radio and servos, and a $65 ofna starter box , and a os .12 cvr mill

Last edited:
Slipper adjustment will change depending on the surface you are driving on.

As a rule of thumb you should be able to accelerate 3/4 throttle from a dead stop with out torque steer.

Loosen your slipper just to the point you can accelerate in a striate line.

Back