RCTalk is supported by our readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
The RC8Te is Team Associated newest 1/8th scale electric truggy that is based on the championship winning Associated RC8T platform. The Associated RC8Te has been designed to incorporate the same high strength, durability, corning, jumping, and rough track handling of that found on the nitro powered RC8T.
The Associated RC8Te includes special features such as a hard-anodized machined chassis, correctly balanced and optimized weight distribution, composite Big Bore shocks featuring 4mm gold shafts, upgraded steering system, and lightweight wheels, every inch of the Associated RC8Te screams high-performance and durability.
Associated RC8Te Kit Features:
- Molded battery tray supports two ROAR-approved 1:10 scale size 7.4v LiPo battery packs with room for foam pads
- Receiver box, servo, and battery tray remove from car in one piece for easy maintenance and cleaning
- Convenient wire routing keeps critical electronic wires out of drive-train components and simplifies disassembly
- Includes pinion gear (16T) and molded composite spur gear (50T)
- Rigid one-piece motor mount utilizes standard motor screw mounting pattern
- Large elevated speed control mounting area allows for easy screw mounting of common speed controllers
- Upgraded dual bell-crank steering for more consistent steering and reduced bump-steer
- 16mm Big-Bore molded composite shocks with pre-load clips
- Hard anodized 7075-T6 aluminum chassis
- 3mm aluminum shock towers
- Durable 12mm thick suspension arms
- Rear molded CVA boots to keep dirt and mud out of rear joints
- Alloy steel turnbuckles
- Caster blocks adjust 14, 16, or 18 degrees with molded inserts
- Adjustable suspension pivot bushings for different pivot height options
- 4.30:1 ratio gearboxes
- 3.5mm light CVA drivetrain
- Pre-drilled wing with adjustable angle and location
- Blue aluminum drive hexes
- Blue aluminum nylock wheel nuts
- AE LPR lightweight truggy wheels (#89360)
- Utilizes 3 hook-and-loop straps to secure LiPo batteries into battery tray
- Enclosed receiver box to protects electronic components
- 1.5mm thickness unpainted polycarbonate RC8T body
The Associated RC8Te is a kit and all electronics are sold separately.
Internal Gear Ratio: 4.30:1
*Actual weight will vary depending on the electronics used in the finished kit.
Part #: 80911 – RC8Te 1:8 Scale 4WD Electric Truggy Kit
Availability: April 2009
Discuss the Associated RC8Te in our RC Truggies forum.