Product Recall: Spektrum DX6i transmitters with date codes 807E, 808E, 809E, 810E, 811E, 812E, and 901E
On January 30, 2009, Horizon Hobby, Inc. issued a service bulletin for Spektrum DX6i transmitters due to a concern of potential issues with stick potentiometers. Consumers were strongly advised to conduct a test to see if symptoms of these potential issues were present.
After closely monitoring the situation, Horizon has determined that we need to physically inspect all DX6i transmitters with date codes containing 807E, 808E, 809E, 810E, 811E, 812E, and 901E, including those ending in “US”, “UK”, or “DE”. The date code will be found inside the battery compartment.
If your DX6i has one of these date codes
- Stop using your transmitter.
- Click here to request a shipping call tag to return your DX6i to Horizon.
- You may also e-mail the Horizon Hobby Product Support team [email protected] to request a shipping call tag; please put “DX6i Transmitter Recall” in the subject line and include your shipping address, daytime phone number, and the date code from your DX6i.
- If you have any questions, you can call us at 877-504-0233.
- Only the transmitter needs to be returned. Please remove your batteries prior to shipping.
- Horizon will pay for all ground shipping within the United States and Canada.
- Each transmitter will be inspected for the issue, repaired or replaced if necessary, and returned as soon as possible. We will work as quickly as possible, but we ask for your patience.
- Due to the possibility of replacement, please document for your own records any model programs prior to shipping.
- Inspected, repaired, or replaced DX6i transmitters will have date codes ending in “CM”, “LH”, “HA”, or “X”. No further action will be needed on transmitters with those suffixes.
- Consumers outside the US and Canada should contact their local retailer or distributor. International distributors may be found here.
If your DX6i does not have the listed date code
- DX6i owners whose transmitters do not have the above date codes are still advised to follow the January 30th service bulletin.
- As with all R/C aircraft, please check your controls prior to each flight.
Horizon Hobby and the Spektrum team apologize for this inconvenience. Your safety and enjoyment of the hobby are our first and foremost priority.
If you have any questions please call 1-877-504-0233.