Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never had a Twinkies before. Are they good? I've never seen them in the shops. If you rate them, I'll make a mission to find them. The international shops or aisle may have them.

I Really like them when they are fresh, it's hit or miss on whether they are fresh depending where you buy them, and how long before they are restocked.

I'm not sure I would go out of my way to find them, unless you want to be able to say you've tried them. We grew up on them so it's different for us.

I Really like them when they are fresh, it's hit or miss on whether they are fresh depending where you buy them, and how long before they are restocked.

I'm not sure I would go out of my way to find them, unless you want to be able to say you've tried them. We grew up on them so it's different for us.
Ok, I'll keep an eye out for them but I won't got out of my way to find them. They may not be as fresh if they've had to make the journey from the US.

They are back! Found them at WalMart. 😍

View attachment 189585

Meh. Just don't compare to the original banana flips. Bring those back.

I've never had a Twinkies before. Are they good? I've never seen them in the shops. If you rate them, I'll make a mission to find them. The international shops or aisle may have them.

They're good...ish. But, Zingers are much better.

Meh. Just don't compare to the original banana flips. Bring those back.

They're good...ish. But, Zingers are much better.
Zingers. Ok I'll look for them too.

Yes...... but the portion is too small. 😁🫠
That's more than enough dairy for me. I had a strong coffee beforehand and now my stomach is unsettled. 😫

@Doom! Just did a quick google search and found a local shop that sells 2x 10packs for $33aud ($21.72 usd). Seems a bit pricey to me?? Does that sound right?

Last edited:
Zingers. Ok I'll look for them too.

That's more than enough dairy for me. I had a strong coffee beforehand and now my stomach is unsettled. 😫

@Doom! Just did a quick google search and found a local shop that sells 2x 10packs for $33aud ($21.72 usd). Seems a bit pricey to me?? Does that sound right?
$3.48 for a 10 pack here.

I once had an Aussie friend and we spent a couple weeks talking about treats and such. We both ordered snacks and from each others' countries. He said the American stuff was sweeter than he's used to. Nearly everything I got from this Aussie food store was really old. The candies were all dried up and chewy/tough. So if you try to buy Twinkies over there, it may be the same for you.

Milo is really good. Not sure about the Vegemite I got. It seemed a bit gummy and dried up. Tasted good, but I didn't eat much of it.

$3.48 for a 10 pack here.

I once had an Aussie friend and we spent a couple weeks talking about treats and such. We both ordered snacks and from each others' countries. He said the American stuff was sweeter than he's used to. Nearly everything I got from this Aussie food store was really old. The candies were all dried up and chewy/tough. So if you try to buy Twinkies over there, it may be the same for you.

Milo is really good. Not sure about the Vegemite I got. It seemed a bit gummy and dried up. Tasted good, but I didn't eat much of it.
I don't like Vegemite. I prefer Promite. They are similar in that both are made of yeast and vegetable extract but they taste different. Promite has more sugar so is sweeter when compared to Vegemite but I wouldn't call it a sweet spread. More savoury than sweet. People usually like one or the other.

1000006447.jpg

I loved them as a kid! But, those were different taste buds way back when. As an adult, I may have a 2 pack every now and then, but don't relished them like I did a kid. For $27, I personally, don't feel it's anywhere remotely worth it!
Nowadays, my only Hostess guilty pleasures are SnoBalls.
Screenshot_20240509_060833.jpg

Last edited:
I loved them as a kid! But, those were different taste buds way back when. As an adult, I may have a 2 pack every now and then, but don't relished them like I did a kid. For $27, I personally, don't feel it's anywhere remotely worth it!
View attachment 189589
I used to like those as a kid. But anymore I can't take the rubbery marshmallow shell. I love my raspberry Zingers. Haven't even had one for a couple years.
4ac1cf0b-b170-48eb-b2f2-cd8c7e048a6c.b89225c2c9a41625a4c66aa83e8a3756.jpeg

I used to like those as a kid. But anymore I can't take the rubbery marshmallow shell. I love my raspberry Zingers. Haven't even had one for a couple years.
View attachment 189590
I used to love them all. Nowadays they taste like chemicals. Alot of frito lay chips taste the same way. Miss how they used to be.

If you look up the oldest Twinkie, I believe a history or science teacher has had one in a glass case in his classroom for like 20 or so years. 😁 . Think that is cool.

View attachment 189589
Forgot about my other favorite...
Screenshot_20240509_083220.jpg

Back