This is why you don't buy Traxxas...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With mine, well not really, my rusty is more durable than my slash. With my slash, it breaks like legos dropping on the floor.
I never had a Slash, just the Stampede, Rustler and Bandit. Not really fond of the Bandit but it's the way it drives not it's durability only thing I have broken on that is I cracked the rear wing.

Interesting, the wide range of experiences. My 4WD Slash hasn't broken anything yet, but I mostly run it on 2S and don't do big air jumps with it.
FhWFnkg.jpg

I bought a Limitless roller. I love the fact that I can buy my own servo, motor and ESC.Kinda makes life easier. 🏁:hyperbuggy:🏁 . I own a Sledge, Drag Slash, Hoss, Rustler, Bandit, and Slash Ultimate, and TRX Sport. But I really like my Felony and Limitless a bit more.Traxxas has better customer service and parts availability by far. Arrma not so much.But I do like em both.

Last edited:
I've had my fair share of broken parts throughout my entire collection. It doesn't bother me much probably because I've desensitized myself building and racing cars. There's always going to be something that breaks when you're chasing after horsepower. No matter the motor, transmission, and drivetrain. This strange expectation that a vehicle has to run flawlessly forever, be it full scale or tenth, is unrealistic. It's even more unrealistic considering the fact we expect these things to take 10-30ft leaps, smash through obstacles, flip end-over-end on a constant basis and not experience a single fault. Breaking parts is as much a part of the hobby as the modifying, maintaining, and driving aspects.

I bought a Sledge, and guys on YouTube complain about the aluminum chassis not being thick enough. If you run the machine in a reasonable manner, you will be fine. But it is not a NASA probe. It's an RC. I like to jump it some, and run it hard. We all like to have fun. But some of these guys are just ca$$ing in the big $ out of us. Buy it, run it, have fun. Don't cry about it, if it breaks. Just fix it, sell it, or junk it. If you get a lemon, complain. :rolex:

I bought a Limitless roller. I love the fact that I can buy my own servo, motor and ESC.Kinda makes life easier. 🏁:hyperbuggy:🏁 . I own a Sledge, Drag Slash, Hoss, Rustler, Bandit, and Slash Ultimate, and TRX Sport. But I really like my Felony and Limitless a bit more.Traxxas has better customer service and parts availability by far. Arrma not so much.But I do like em both.
I don't like RTRs for the simple fact... I enjoy "the build" experience you get from a kit, and don't like manufacturers telling me what electronics to put in my RCs. I like to pick and choose what stuff I want. If I choose junk to put in my RCs... so be it, but I can almost guarantee any junk I choose will be better than the stuff that's included in RTR packages.

Back in the day, RC kits were the norm. I think it was Tower Hobbies that started combo deals... RC kit + radio (came with servo(s) back then) + battery + charger. Traxxas had some awesome kits that were hanging right up there with the "big boys" on the track. Times moves on, things change.

This is not a kit...
1694444155200.png

It's an unassembled RTR that suppresses free will, and choices. I said it before somewhere, if Traxxas ever decides to make kits again (other than a crawler kit) with great shocks... count me in. I don't see the company taking that direction, but you never know.

Last edited:
I don't like RTRs for the simple fact... I enjoy "the build" experience you get from a kit, and don't like manufacturers telling me what electronics to put in my RCs. I like to pick and choose what stuff I want. If I choose junk to put in my RCs... so be it, but I can almost guarantee any junk I choose will be better than the stuff that's included in RTR packages.

Back in the day, RC kits were the norm. I think it was Tower Hobbies that started combo deals... RC kit + radio (came with servo(s) back then) + battery + charger. Traxxas had some awesome kits that were hanging right up there with the "big boys" on the track. Times moves on, things change.

This is not a kit...
View attachment 171259

It's an unassembled RTR that suppresses free will, and choices. I said it before somewhere, if Traxxas ever decides to make kits again (other than a crawler kit) with great shocks... count me in. I don't see the company taking that direction, but you never know.

I still find the radio, esc and motor that came in the V2-V3 Arrma 6s vehicles were the best rtr electronics that I have used. The esc and motor were basically at their limits out of the box.

I think it’s funny to read how much guys hate Traxxas. It’s their choice. But, one in particular has been all over the web doing so. I’m thinking about 90% of the others do it to be cool.

However, the funniest comment on this thread was the one declaring Kevin Talbot is partial to Traxxas. He’s partial to no brand. That’s obvious as long as the viewer isn’t biased himself.

They all break. They all require maintenance. And, most are will last reasonably well as long as they are treated appropriately. And, the best brand is the one who manufactures the RC that puts the biggest smile on your face.

Another reason why you don't buy Traxxas is that they are still using 30 year old shock designs and they are super hard to rebuild, and outdated. Thanks too Traxxas I am now in more debt 😁.

Selling both my slash and rusty soon and anything I have Traxxas so no problems.
PXL_20230917_141831420.jpg

Like how am I supposed to get that c clip on. Already bent it, don't have any kind of fine tweasers.

Traxxas has good and bad products, good and bad aspects to those products, just like every other manufacturer.

I think one of the best aspects of Traxxas is the ease of use. They make it really easy for someone who knows nothing about RC to spend some coin and start playing right away. This brings a lot of new people to the hobby which is good for all of us. Look at the threads on here where newbies ask 'what should I get, first rc'. The most prominent recommendation is a Traxxas or Arrma rtr.

I'm not a Traxxas fan boy by any means. I'm loyal to no brand in particular but I will say, out of all the rc's I own, the Xmaxx is hands down my favorite.

After reading page after page of Traxxas bashing, I thought I'd offer a different perspective. Flame on!
Another reason why you don't buy Traxxas is that they are still using 30 year old shock designs and they are super hard to rebuild, and outdated. Thanks too Traxxas I am now in more debt 😁.

Selling both my slash and rusty soon and anything I have Traxxas so no problems. View attachment 171585
Like how am I supposed to get that c clip on. Already bent it, don't have any kind of fine tweasers.
Before the clip got bent, snap ring pliers would have done the trick

OK I don't get it David, one minute you are raving Traxxas and the next you are ranting.
Is there two Davids here?

We all have two sides but we control it by picking one... ;)

Back