RCTalk is supported by our readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Team Novak has just announced that they are doubling its Velociti motor series. The new Team Novak Velociti Light Brushless Motor series offers a different feel to Velociti by providing slower acceleration and softer braking power. The Novak Velociti Light motors excel in challenging off-road and paved tracks, and offer top-notch control. The new Novak Velociti Light Brushless Motor Series now includes five new motors; a 3.5L, 4.5L, 5.5L, 6.5L, 7.5L.
The Team Novak Velociti Light series is very similar to the original Novak Velociti brushless motors series but is considered “light” because the wire used to wind the motor is a smaller gauge. Though this may seem like a very small change, however the ramifications are exciting. The smaller gauge wire on the new Team Novak Velociti Light Brushless allows for the same top speed, but now with slower acceleration and softer braking power. It also makes the Novak Velociti Light Brushless motors lighter, 17 grams lighter than the Velociti Series to be exact. Because of these motor characteristics, the Novak Velociti Light brushless motors excel in slippery and tight track conditions, and are ideal for off-road and specific on-road applications.
In addition to some new features, the outside oof the Novak Velociti Light Brushless Motors have also undergone a modification. The new Velociti Light motors have a blue, anodized sleeve around the motor instead of the Velociti motorsâ€™ traditional purple which also help differentiate between the Team Novak Velociti brushless motors.
Team Novak Velociti Light Brushless Motor Recommendations
- Novak Velociti Light 3.5L Racing Brushless Motor is 3.5 turns, and is ideal for top-level touring car racing on tight race tracks. Also ideal for Carpet Racing or open track 1/12th scale racing. (#3303)
- Novak Velociti Light 4.5L Racing Brushless Motor is 4.5 turns, and is ideal for competition level 4WD racing, 1/12th scale racing, or 5-cell 4WD off-road applications. (#3304)
- Novak Velociti Light 5.5L Racing Brushless Motor is 5.5 turns, and is ideal for Truck and 4WD racing, and 1/12th scale “Club” Racing. (#3305)
- Novak Velociti Light 6.5L Racing Brushless Motor is 6.5 turns, and is ideal for Truck and 2WD Buggy racing and very tight 1/12th scale tracks. (#3306)
- Novak Velociti Light 7.5L Racing Brushless Motor is 7.5 turns, and is ideal for loose or slippery track conditions when running 2WD. (#3307)
Discuss the new Team Novak Velociti Light Brushless Motor in our RC Engines and Motors forum.