RCTalk is supported by our readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Tamiya is bringing back one of the coolest and original scale monster truck, the Tamiya Mountaineer – well actually they’ve given it a new name the Tamiya Toyota Mountain Rider! To be fair the Tamiya Mountain Rider actually does have a number of upgrades over the old Tamiya Mountaineer such as a new 3 speed transmission and axles. If you’re into scale RC this is one kit to seriously look into.
Tamiya Mountain Rider Specifications:
- 1/10 scale R/C assembly kit.
- Length: 525mm.
- ABS plastic molded body.
- Metal ladder frame chassis keeps the original layout and features a black-finished surface.
- The die-cast transmission is equipped with planetary gears for optimized gear ratio.
- Refined clutch mechanisms offer smooth gear changes and superb durability. 3-speed gears are possible (1st gear = 4WD, 2nd & 3rd gears = Rear Wheel Drive).
- Die-cast aluminum front/rear axle housings are equipped with differential gears to offer smooth cornering performance.
- Front and rear differentials may be locked for even greater off-road performance.
- Front and rear large diameter tires offer superb traction.
- Separately available LEDs can be installed in the light cases to depict realistic head and tail lights.
- Includes 540 brushed motor.
- Requires 4-channel radio system, ESC, battery & charger and plastic model paint.
Part #: 84386