Tamiya is bringing back one of the coolest and original scale monster truck, the Tamiya Mountaineer – well actually they’ve given it a new name the Tamiya Toyota Mountain Rider! To be fair the Tamiya Mountain Rider actually does have a number of upgrades over the old Tamiya Mountaineer such as a new 3 speed transmission and axles. If you’re into scale RC this is one kit to seriously look into.
Tamiya Mountain Rider Specifications:
- 1/10 scale R/C assembly kit.
- Length: 525mm.
- ABS plastic molded body.
- Metal ladder frame chassis keeps the original layout and features a black-finished surface.
- The die-cast transmission is equipped with planetary gears for optimized gear ratio.
- Refined clutch mechanisms offer smooth gear changes and superb durability. 3-speed gears are possible (1st gear = 4WD, 2nd & 3rd gears = Rear Wheel Drive).
- Die-cast aluminum front/rear axle housings are equipped with differential gears to offer smooth cornering performance.
- Front and rear differentials may be locked for even greater off-road performance.
- Front and rear large diameter tires offer superb traction.
- Separately available LEDs can be installed in the light cases to depict realistic head and tail lights.
- Includes 540 brushed motor.
- Requires 4-channel radio system, ESC, battery & charger and plastic model paint.
Part #: 84386