RCTalk is supported by our readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
The Team Associated SC8e is the first 1:8 scale electric 4WD short course race truck to include high-performance features like the Mamba Max Pro brushless electronic speed control with the Neu-Castle 2200kV brushless motor, all digitally controlled by Associated’s XP3-SS 2.4GHz 3-channel radio system. The result is the SC8e RTR, where jaw-dropping scale realism meets race-bred high performance.
Team Associated didn’t stop at rockstar looks and gnarly power. Team Associated has proven the performance and durability of the SC8e in R/C Car Action’s 24-Hour Thrash Test, where the truck was driven over 375 miles at race speed through rugged off-road terrain for 24 consecutive hours. This would have been a brutal test for any scale off-road race truck, but the SC8e RTR endured 375 miles of dirt with the original electronics, suspension, drivetrain and body intact. With only one tire change throughout the run, this was truly an amazing accomplishment and testament to the durability of the SC8e RTR!
SC8e RTR brushless truck features
- Authentic Rockstar/Makita replica body, wheels and tires
- Mamba Max Pro brushless speed control with Deans Ultra Plug battery connector
- Neu-Castle 2200kV brushless motor
- XP3-SS 2.4GHz 3-channel radio system with metal gear steering servo
- 16mm Big-Bore molded composite shocks with adjustable ride height
- Functional roll cage with integral dirt shields
- Upgraded dual bellcrank steering with reduced bumpsteer
- Black hard-anodized 3mm thick 7075 aluminum chassis
- 3mm aluminum shock towers
- Alloy steel turnbuckles
- Caster blocks adjust to 14°, 16°, or 18° with molded inserts
- Molded suspension pivot bushings for adjustable pivot height
- 4.30:1 ratio gearboxes
- 3.5mm light CVA drivetrain
- Rear molded CVA boots to keep dirt and mud out of rear joints.
- Functional and realistic front and rear bumpers with mud flaps
- Scale wheels and tires with foam inserts and bead guards
- Rigid one-piece motor mount utilizes standard motor screw mounting pattern
- Large speed control mounting area raised off of the chassis to allow for easy screw mounting of common speed controllers
- Speed control mounting area includes convenient switch-mounting boss
- Utilizes 3 hook-and-loop straps to secure LiPo batteries into battery tray
- Padded battery tray holds 7.4V -14.8V battery packs
- Requires 3S 11.1V or 4S 14.8V LiPo battery pack with Deans Ultra Plug (Reedy #720 LiPo 14.8V, 5000 mAh, 40C recommended)
- New sealed receiver box for proper electronics placement
- Receiver, servo, and battery tray remove from car in one piece for easy maintenance and cleaning
- Convenient wire routing keeps critical electronic wires out of drivetrain components and simplifies disassembly
- Includes 15-tooth pinion gear and 46-tooth molded spur gear
Part #: 80932
Discuss the new SC8e RTR brushless short course truck in our Short Course and Stadium Trucks forum.