RCTalk is supported by our readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
HPI has taken their power K4.6 engine from the Savage and put it in their new 1/8th scale buggy, the HPI Pulse. The HPI Pulse has also been given full racing suspension and a complete set of grey anodized aluminum parts. The HPI Pulse RTR is completely outfitted with all the specifications, parts and tuning capabilities of much more expensive racing buggies, but it’s available to you at a competitive price, completely assembled and ready to go!
HPI designed the HPI Pulse 1/8th scale RTR buggy to bridge the gap between entry-level RTR kits and the expensive full racing kits that include no running gear and must be built. What that means is you get a fantastic premium RTR buggy with top-quality materials and the ability to race with the big dogs, all with RTR convenience and a great price. Every part in the HPI Pulse was designed to be the highest quality and give the best performance on the track.
HPI Pulse Chassis Features
A strong chassis and smart layout is important for any racing machine, and it’s no different with 1/8 scale buggies. The HPI Pulse, with its totally fresh design from the ground up, takes in all the latest racing refinements from the fastest RC buggies on the track and combines them in a brand new package.
- 3mm chassis made from 6061 gunmetal anodized aluminum, deep countersunk screws and sturdy dirt guards.
- 6061 aluminum radio tray, middle deck, and front deck for light weight and great looks.
- Composite chasis braces connect to radio tray to reduce weight and eliminate flex from the suspension.
- Hex hardware throughout for easy rebuilds and less hassle than normal Philips head screws.
- Low centre of gravity design for increased confidence in the bumps and better handling in the turns.
- Large flywheel opening allows rocks to exit chassis and extra-easy starting with any off-road type starter box.
- Sealed & padded battery & receiver box with sealed radio switch.
HPI Pulse Drivetrain Features
At the front, rear and center of the HPI Pulse RTR are tough and reliable gear diffs with 6-gear internals for extreme durability, and all three are silicone filled for extra tuning ability. The HPI factory settings are a great all-around starting point for most drivers, but you can easily adjust the torque settings to your preferred driving style.
- Easy-access diff cases allow you to get straight to each diff with minimal interference so you can swap out diff oils and tune the car’s drivetrain directly.
- Front universals get the power from the diffs to the wheels smoothly and with no loss of power. At the rear and in the center of the car are heavy duty dogbones to handle the delivery of power to all four corners.
- Front and rear adjustable vented steel disc brakes with extra-powerful fiber brake pads give you short stopping distances with maximum control.
- Full rubber-sealed ball bearings for minimal maintenance and smooth power delivery.
- Cool white, amazing-looking Turbine design wheels with 17mm hex hubs fitted with race-ready soft compound mini-pin Trekker tires with molded inner foams.
HPI Pulse Features
- Top-spec racing chassis
- Enormously powerful K4.6 HO engine from the Savage X 4.6
- 3mm 6061 aluminum chassis plate
- 6061 aluminum radio tray and steering brace
- Race optimized suspension geometry
- Low center of gravity design
- 7075 aluminum front shock tower
- 15mm diameter big bore hocks
- Trekker mini-pin racing tires
- Large-bore 15mm shocks
- Dual vented steel brakes
- Extra-durable 6-gear diffs
- Hex-head hardware
- Extreme steering angle
- Metal gear steering servo
- Easy-access diff cases
- Full suspension adjustability
Part #: 101323 – HPI Pulse 4.6 Buggy RTR
Discuss the HPI Pulse 1/8th scale RTR buggy in our 1/8th scale Buggy forum.