Zelos 48 brushless ESC Connections Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcboatjunkie

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone. New to the zelos 48 not to the hobby. I scored this zelos 48 at a local pawn shop for 450.00 and noticed someone had soldered the esc connection from the motor permanently. I don't like it and would the best course of action to be is try to unsolder the connections and put the correct bullet connectors back on? I'm sure the way it is now is not a great idea. Will it be bad to run the boat like this? My guess would be yes. Just want to make sure before hitting the water. Luckly i found a brand new motor and esc and is on its way in case this one is no good.. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

20220723_173618.jpg

20220723_173422.jpg

20220508_100347.jpg

20220421_100232.jpg

Those look like cold solder joints. It would be a really tough job to remove the solder from those connectors, so I would just resolder them.
So it would be fine to just resolder them better you don't think there will be any issues?

Just make sure you have a good soldering iron with a beefy tip, and let it heat up first. You don't want to keep it on the joint for too long so close to the ESCs internals. Maybe give it time to cool off a bit between individual wires.

Just make sure you have a good soldering iron with a beefy tip, and let it heat up first. You don't want to keep it on the joint for too long so close to the ESCs internals. Maybe give it time to cool off a bit between individual wires.
Thanks for your help guys i just ordered a better soldering gun its on the way. Thank you

Back