ZD racing D16 drift car upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robertkelly123

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hello , I have the above car which I am well pleased with, very reliable and runs for 30 mins.
Anyway, I am considering installing a higher amp esc to run the model on a 3S, which should
make it like a rocket! So what amp esc should I buy, is it 45amp, or 60 amp.Also if I run it with
the stock motor will it burn out because of this higher voltage, or would it last OK.
Rob

how many kv motor does it have and what pinon are you going to run..more voltage will need less watts or amps ...I always like more amps if you have the space..

The motor is this one: K2435-B so don't know the KV maybe you do? I was going to use the original pinion in it already
don't know if that is wise, it's all I have at the moment. Once I got higher amp esc in it (45/60 ?) have a test run and if all
seems well then I've cracked it, should be ballistic like.I think the motor should be able to handle 11.1 volts as most of them have a
voltage range. I could do alternate runs on 3s then 2s so I won't be straining car too much.
Rob

Back