Your favorite savage mod?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pope

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
What's your favorite savage mod?

Mine would be the HPI suspension conversion. Takes it from a rolling brick and gives handling much closer to a Truggy. Have this on two of my trucks.

Yes there are lots of great other things out there and I run a lot of them but this makes more of a change than any of them IMO.

I still bash the crap out of it no issues lol but it is built more for the track

My favorite Savage mod would be installing Savage diffs and diff housings in A TMaxx.

I have pics but I should 1st say that you cannot install this on a stock tmaxx chassis, it will require complete custom width chassis, skid plates, bulkhead braces, shock towers and modifications to the HPI diff housings to fit the savage diffs between the Tmaxx bulk heads. The width of the diff/housing will spread the width of the bulkheads approx ½ inch wider than stock. Everything associated with the dimensions of the bulkhead width spread with has to be made wider to fit.

DSC07318.gif

DSC07321.gif

DSC07325.gif

Beautiful. Love seeing this kind of modding.

by golly, if my tmaxx had that, i bet i wouldnt break it all the time

So far, aluminum rear hub carriers, eliminates the rear toe links, aluminum tie rod ends on the front, because the plastic ones kept popping off after landing big air jumps, big bore shocks, got tired of breaking skock shafts, and LRP .32 engine because the 5.9 is a turd.

Back