Yokomo/MMielke In-line Tuned Pipe Review

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mjime714

Yokomo/MMielke In-line Tuned Pipe Review Not just for yokomo owners.

I went out and spent some money on the Yokomo/MMielke In-line Tuned Pipe. I wanted an in line because, 1 it looks cool, and 2 the Yokomo/MMielke In-line Tuned Pipe header is FAT!

First impression: Sucker looks really nice. When I first saw this thing, the first thing you notice is the thickness of the header and the nice polished finish. Big WOW factor.

First Run: I am running an RB X12turbo 5 port. I was worried that because of the large header, that I would loose my low end. Negative! The sucker jumps off the line faster than with the paris pipe and mugen header I was using. The paris pipe is good for low end, but this pipe just killed it. The acceleration was greatly increased with this pipe. I noticed that top RPMs were reached faster than before. A lot faster. The sound is also great. A lot more quiet than the paris, and sounds more sporty.

One flaw: Because of the larger pipe and how fast the car reaches top speeds, I found myself winding out the engine. I richend up the hsn just to be on the safe side. Temps were around 230-250 during the first run without tuning. After richening it up, I'm at 215-225 and the thing still hauls faster than when I had the paris.

It's a little more expensive, but well worth it. My friends noticed the difference even before I told them I got a new pipe. If you have a rear exhaust belt driven .12 GO GET ONE!

Last edited by a moderator:
How about a pic of the pipe and a pic on the car . good review

Last edited:
Ill post it up today. I just ran it and it is dirty!. Ill even show you the difference between the mugen header and the new header. Stay tuned.

Right on thats what we want to see the b4 and after pics

Here are some pictures. I hope they're clear enough.

1.jpg

the 2 headers

2.jpg

2 headers again with pipe connected

3.jpg

diameter of the pipe hole

4.jpg

exhaust on car

5.jpg

vanity shot

Notice what O'donnell fuel does to the fuel pressure line. It should be a nice clear blue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Review!

Gotta love that Odonnle! That pukey brown says 'good things' about the fuel. Its all I run.

Hey Woodie - this might be good in our 'Tech' section. What do ya think?

Nice review, great info! Yea the inlines are a bit bigger than normal coupled pipe and header. I remember when I first got my Novarossi one, that thing was huge compare to my stock mugen one! You might want to grab a few spare exhaust spring, even if you won't have anymore coupler blow out, but once they stretch, you won't be able to reuse them. Another tip is to add a peice of bright color fuel line over the spring, inccase you took them off and it roll off the pit table or something, you will be able to fine it due to the color.

mtx22