yo need help with my revo 3.3 its the new one with the tqi docking system all digital servos

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylesrevo3.3

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hey guys i just bought this truck i upgraded to rpm a arms stell drive shafts and rpm spindles is there anyting else i need to do to mke it stronger maybe faster thanks guys and this is not the old revo its the brand new one new design so if anyone has expeirene with it help me please i need more torque I'm runnin 33% nitro all the time and broke it in just fine thanks guys

Uv posted this in the intro section... Y? And if u want more power put a bigger motor in it....

sorry first time on a forum anyways I'm a little mad here because i have the long travel rocker set on and today i bought all steel driveshafts because I'm runnin rpm a arms and ran it half a tank and two axels came out the shaft plus i bought a sway bar kit and thats also not for long travel rockers so i had to custom drill it do you know of these problems r anyone that does why wont any of these parts work with the long travel rockers only progressive 1 2 3 rockers i love the long travel but i had too swiitch out the plastic shafts caue they where binding against the a arms so for now i have the push rods extended out and dropped it way down first time today ran it with those new axels when two blew out one of the rubber boot blew off cool hundred bucks of crap

Last edited:
well id say you should just put the progressive rockers in. problems solved.... what do you need the long travel for? do you have lockers or really thick diff oil? do you use it for climbing?

They have a longer sleeve that goes next to diff's. Cured my same problem just be sure and get the boots to go with them. They are made for the big time racers that ofset there wheel base for different tracks. Got mine from Traxxas direct.

i noticed wth long travel the travel and suspension is way better then using rogressicve rockers it just sucks cause i got steel driveshafts and a sway bar kit but they both will not work with the long travel rockers so whickh progressive rockers would have the most travel 1 2 or 3 ?/ thanks guys

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

ok cool thanks man so i can get extended cups so they wont pop out when runnin long travel rockers and what about the sway bar set up i had to do so custom stuff to make it work but if i have to get rid of my long travel which progressive rockers have the most trave

hey do you have a part number for those or is it #5153r?

Call traxxas parts and they will know what you are talking about and get you goin with the complete set up.

thanks bud yeah i just have so much more travel with the long travek rockers compared to the progressive ones if i do use the progressive ones h=ehich one have the most movement see I'm settin this truck up for racing I'm lighting it up but also makin it solid with all rpm arms and knuckles i just got a spoiler man that thing is sweet the guy at the shop sad with the way i custom installed the sway bar kit he said its actually perfect so thats solved and you helped wih the axels I'm also runnin 33% top fuel nitro wonder if i can use higher nitro withought damaging the 3.3 engine i know if i want more speed i need a bigger motor but without a crap load of custom work theres only one engine that is sightly more powerful like really not much of a difference unless anyone knows a engine that would work good for my revo without havin to drillin into the chassis or anything i mean obviously gunna need different motor mounts but i like the 3.3 but like i said if anyone knows of a engine thats around the same size dimension wise that has alot of torque and power illl swap it out and o answer the question about my diff oil i am runnin stock dont really wanna lighten that up and blow one of the diffs up but i have it tuned and broken in and with all the hops so far i clocked it at 58 which is not bad for this truck cause they are heavy and bulky but mu suspension is pretty perfect i just want more speed and torque tomorrow I'm buyin the lightest wheels and rims for the track cause the stock ones are just way way too heavy but the truck is lookin sweet after i finish with the wheels and another body ill post some pics tomorrow but like i said if anyone knows of a engine brand? size? that they have or had in the past please let me know thanks

Dude, your posts are really hard to understand, try using some punctuation and upper case letters. It would also be much easier if you posted your questions in one thread, that way all of the responses will be together and you won't have to try to find which one had what in it. Good luck with the truck, and we're all here to help but it's really hard when we have to read your posts a couple times just to understand them.

+1! Most of the more experienced people here tend to skip over threads they can't understand due to a lack of punctuation and caps. It's also part of the rules for posting on the forum.

Ok sorrry i have never been on a forum. So I'm not used to how to use thise site. I appriciatie you tryin to help me out sorrry its fruestrating, plus my laptop is messed up, so the keys dont work sometimes. Thats why i was not really focusing on puncuation but i will def take your advice sorry again.

No problem man, we just wanted to give you a heads up. It would give you a chance to get the most out of this forum, there is a ton of knowledge floating around here.

Yeah thats why i signed up! I have been into r/c and nitro r/c for pretty much all my life. But i just got this new revo, soold my helis and my rustler 2.5. I have like 500$ in mods so far. Funny cause i got the ruck for bashing, but now that I'm puttin money into it i realized i wanna be on the track in real races. So I'm building it tough light and fast

Cool man, the Revos are a nice MT for racing. If you really start liking the racing side, you should look into a Truggy, I've heard that the MT classes are dying out.

Yeah I've always liked the mt class of trucks. But a few people have told me that the revo 3.3 extended chasis is considered a truggy. Hey i have a fuel line question did you see it? And man thans for all the help and freustration

I'm going to say the P2's are the best all around rocker. I've used the P3's and they are fine on the street, but any bumpy off road use and you’re going to bounce around a lot. I've also tried the LT's, but I didn't care for them, too many roll overs. I have two revos, one is set up the P2's, Tekno sway bars, and utilizing the closest pushrod hole. I have quite a bit of ride height and very stable in turns. The other revo is set up with P2 also, Traxxas sway bars, and a lower stance.
BTW- A REVO has nothing in common with a truggy other than four wheels.

Kyle You want H.P. check out R.B. Mod's. He is in Arkansas, holds some speed records and can give you more than you can handle. His prices are reasonable and He has just came with a new head with dual plugs. Check him out.

Last edited:
Uv posted this in the intro section... Y? And if u want more power put a bigger motor in it....

well id say you should just put the progressive rockers in. problems solved.... what do you need the long travel for? do you have lockers or really thick diff oil? do you use it for climbing?

I thought we were here to help people with their questions, why would you bash his ideas of how he wants his Revo, Just because he dont have the same ideas as you do, you put him down,maybe he wants long travel just for looks,and if he put a new MOTOR in it it would be an E-Revo not a Nitro Engine.

Back