YIKES!!!!! Today I ran my Maxx into a stream

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasquatch

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
HEH I guess that subjest ade you guys click...

Well actually I did drive my maxx into a stream. Tires all upside. It floats I can hereby assure you all. A friend of mine quickly almost risked his life in trying to rescue it.

Luckily I had a few weeks before this ufortuate situation just treated all my servos and other electronics with Plasti Dip.

When I emptied out the engine and carb I checked my reciever box. Absolutely no sign of water inside it. Conclusion = The antennatube fits like a glove..:hehe:

½ an hour, and a fresh airfilter (which got all wet) later the Maxx was up and running again. Pheew :dance:

I guess some sort of gift is on the way to my friend for fishing it up from the stream

Just thought I would share this experience with you all. Unfortunately no pictures were taken.

Later.......

SUp dude,

It sounds like you lucked out bro and I would have still taken the motor completely apart just incase as it can be relatively easy to get water in, in that kind of situation.

BTW.....lmao @ the Sig but that's not my IP bro...it's my static proxie....wouldn't surf without one..hehe.

Peace

Last edited:
i ran my maxx into a stream once... ON PURPOSE i was really stupid too, untreated radio gear. but i snorkled the air intake so that the filter was up higher.
i think that the engine was way over heated when i hit the water and (the water was only like 6inches deep) it took the annodisation (excuse the spelling error) off the cooling head. the good news is that it didnt bother the stock traxxas radio gear.8-0

LOL.

:spit:

Why would you do that on purpose.??

Because hes crazy man, crazy.:radio: :hamster:

I might add here that I offcause did clean my engine before running the truck again.

I see now that I did't explain that wery well.

Thank god for PlastiDip.....:bow:

Your T-Maxx FLOATS??? Man, I ran mine into a ditch about 2 1/2 feet deep with water, and it sank like the Titanic, only faster!

I hit a water puddle and it destroyed my electronics.

Yes it floats..

I have reoved the reverse, EZ start 2. That took off approx. 450grams (15-16 oz.)

Perhaps that helped the floating ability.

Alså I guess that if it was alloweed to reside in the water for a longer period of tie, then the foa in the wheels would have soaked some water and thus resulted in a T(itanic)-Maxx. :no_commen

lucky u if u didnt have thoses servos h20 proof and gotten 2 it fast you might have added a $300 artificial reef 2 your creek!:alarm:

LOL

Yeah guess so :eek:pps:

just curious but whyed you take of the reverse and EZ start

honestly the ez start is misleading, it shoudl be pain in the ass to trouble shoot when your engine wont start-starter, scarp it if u have it and put a good pull start on. pullstarts are better than starterboxes in every application expt for racin i suppose:batman:

I prefer the ez start over the pullstart. When I'm out bashing with Robriguez he still trying to start the buggy while I've already taken off.

ez start...to lazy to pull...well the motor....::jet:

yeah i think you should lean new kung fu my friend is allwas trying to hack me i just e-mail him a virus and fix that lol just kiding yahoo will bust you now BTW: how did you do that

I like the EZ start and I'v never even seen a control box!! Let alone used one. :n00bie:

easy start kicks...it's batteries for them that suck the most!

Is it because they suck or they're expensive I agree they're expensive. But I just bought one so I wouldn't really know how bad they are. Hope I never find out.:shrug:

Back