XTM Pro 24.7 2.75HP in a T-Maxx conversion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Converted T Maxx .26

What do you mean by the stock flywheel and stuff won't work.I've been running a stock style flywheel for 2 years now with a 23t racers edge c.b. and a rr dual disk slipper with a 72t spur.I run bone stock high rev clutch shoes and have only burnt up one set "out of 2 years and about 2 gallons of fuel" now the only thing I can say bad about my setup is that I broke about 3 clutch springs.LOL nothing stock in the tranny though the stock plastic just wouldn't hold up.Not trying to rain on your parade here just wanted to give my input on drive gear setups.I'm still wondering why guys run the 1/8 scale spur gears and clutchbells.Maybe someone could explain to me why that setup is so much better.Buy the way I have several modified trucks and my maxx is still the fastest from start to finish.Let me take that back my ek4 is the fastest out of the hole and until it runs out of steam at about 35mph,but hey it has a .70 engine.Well I hope you all found this entertaining and I hope you all enjoy r/cing as much as me.I hope this did not offend anyone,it's just that I've been in r/c's for 15 years and have done alot with the hobby.Remember stock is for kids.Have a good one.RUSS

By the way the oldder 24.7 was 2.6hp and the new is 2.7hp.Hope that helps.RUSS

that rc solutions spur gear is going to destroy the savage clutch bell! i've gone thru 2 in less than a week. rc solutions recommends ofna clutch bells

update a few years later...LOL

Just wanted to know if you guys were still monitoring this forum. I completly forgot to post pics and come back to this site. I got all that 1/8 th stuff to work just fine. I was able to tune the motor and it runs great. Lots of power and I've clocked the speed at 34mph. I'm heavy and I'm running it rich. I'm sure I can change the gears and lean it out and get much more speed, but I like it the way it is. I did finally blow out that savage cb, the spur gear ate it alive and completly rounded off every tooth! I replaced it with a newer savage cb and replaced the spur gear, as it did get jacked up a little eating the cb..LOL I run about 220 temp, WOT. It actually has more power when it gets over 200, like it comes alive.

Do you guys still have yours, or have you moved on to newer trucks?

If I get a reply, I'll go ahead and post some pics. Mine did come out real nice, lots of $$$ later.... :(

Steve

Damn, umm welcome back. post up some pix!

Well I wasn't on the forum when you posted originally but I to have a Maxx with a .247 pro in it . I loved it .. I only just switched it out to a O.S .30 cause the price was right . I still have the pro as a back up and I have a new .247 pro in the box waiting for a project . A great engine for sure . Lets see some pix !!

Cool. I want to hold off a few more days to take the pics, as I have the motor out while I replace the clutch bell and spur gear. I had trouble finding the 54T spur gear for the original T-Maxx transmition. I finally located it at Steel City Hobbies. I guess there's not too many of original T-Maxx guys replacing metal parts. As soon as I get the replacements and install that crap, I'll snap off some new pics.
You say you have the xtm 24.7 in your t-maxx, what spur and clutch bell gears are you using? Original transmition? I only upgradred to the metal gears inside the transmmition, oh and the alumium housing. Have you had any troubles?

Steve

I went to a RC-Solutions 54 tooth spur and a 13t clutch bell from my violator . I have the original first version t-maxx trans in it . When I was breaking in the pro I kept stripping the tranny so I went to all metal gears and its been that way since . I also have the same diffs from when I first bought the maxx . I guess I'm just not hard enough on it .

ok, finally got pics

Here are a few pics of my T-Maxx project. After a few years of testing different parts and spending a ton of money... see the attached pics or go to this site http://www.maxxman.com/indexp2.htm

Steve

Attachments

• tmax2.jpg
    tmax2.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 96
  • tmax5.jpg
    tmax5.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 101
  • tmax11.jpg
    tmax11.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 102
  • tmax14.jpg
    tmax14.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 102
  • tmax15.jpg
    tmax15.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 116
It's been raining real bad so I couldn't get any outside pics, will do that later. The body is just sitting on top, so it looks a bit off, but isn't. Note the blue laser head lights and red tail lights, with brake lights....most of this is Hardcore Racing stuff, too many other things to list, but everything part was touched in this rebuild, with only a couple of pieces being stock T-Maxx, like the front and back bumper brackets, did that on purpose so those break and my $$ parts don't. The engine is still running rich, but it has no problem pulling the front tires off the ground, and if on grass, it will flip right over. Clocked it at 34mph, but again it's still running very rich and this rig is heavy. I've had a recent issue with the spur gear and clutch bell gear. See the attached pic.

Take care,

Steve

Attachments

• tmax23.JPG
    tmax23.JPG
    250.3 KB · Views: 101
  • tmax20.jpg
    tmax20.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Yeah I had the same problem with my clutch bell the first time around.. I switched to a ofna clutch bell and havent had any problems since .

ofna cluch, hum...which one (part number) did you go with? I will order the same one, because I can already tell that this Revo one I have installed dones't seem to mesh well with the RC Soutions spur gear.. this is the one I have http://h1072014.hobbyshopnow.com/se...nCategory=ALL&strInManufacturer=ALL&tag=qsrch

Do you have the same spur gear as me? How about the same motor? I rebuilt my transmition as well, with metal gears. I put the possi rearend and had to replace all the drive shafts...way too much power for any plastic parts!

Got any pics of yours?

Thanks,

Steve

Back