xtm motor factory settings

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ballen

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
trying to find out the factory settings for the carb on the XTM mamouth

does not have a size on it just says X
T
M
just like that on the side of the motor

i think i seen one that was a .18 at a hobby shop in IA and had the x
t
m

no ,man i don't think you saw a mamouth cause an 18 would not last very long .the mamouth is a lot bigger then say the tmaxx or revo i think it's even bigger then the savage.

sorry typed to fast .28 is what i meant

ya ,i foundthe manuel on line and it says 24.7 and the hsn is 3 turns out from closed and the lsn is 8 1/2 sounds like a awful lot to me i set it at that and the screw for the lsn is stickin out past the carb arm and and at that amount of turns it wobbles(loose)and 2 1/2 more turns and it comes out .I am useing full turns like on traxxas maybe should count at half turns ?

this is what i found over on rctech

Talking mine
I have 4 24.7 motors 3 pro's and 1 regular. I won't settle for anything less for what I do than a 24.7! My settings are 3.25 turns out on the high speed needle, and make the low speed needle flush with the inside flange on the carb slider. don't screw the low speed needle in! you will ruin the needle in the carb, just make sure the screw head is flush with the inside wall/flange.
BTW. I have a 24.7 pro motor that I have run 11 gallons of fuel through and still have good compression! These things are a beast for reliability! Good luck.

thank you for the info .probably try it tomarrow after wife leaves for virgina.only see her on weekends.(work)