XS3 owners...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro dave

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am thinking about getting the new JR xs3. Does anyone have experience with them, and if so what are you impressions of them. Thanks...

ND

I got one and I love it. I think its the best buy for the money right now. How can you beat 31 preinstalled frequencys a high torque metal servo a standard servo, 75mhz FM at around 2 bills. It also has the ability to do that super highspeed transmission if you get digital servos.

I have one so far I really like it I had a glitch or two the other day on channel 61 but when I changed channels it seemed ok. I love the feel of it.. Feels so much better balanced than my Lynx 3D or a M8 or and other radio that sticks out to the side like that.
Of course thats my opion. I am very impressed with the actual radio and the price is SUPER I got mine for 219.99 + 8 for shipping and some other parts from a place online. IF you are interested email me.

The brake throw is not as far as some other radio its not a 50/50 more 70/30 at best Backspur complained about that then later said when driving he didn't notice it. I persoanlly love it other than the glitching that once kinda bugged me.
I had an XR2 before and it was a qaulity radio. Not to mention the servos that come in the kit can easily run a GT without issue a nice 85 in MG servo will handle the steering on a GT with no issues.. So far its 4 of 5 stars just need to get some more time on it to make sure the glitch as a fluke..X

Also almost forgot the Antena is not to long either I really like that...X

Hay X, do you know when they are going to sell the 75mhz receivers for our radio?

Originally posted by x_789
I have one so far I really like it I had a glitch or two the other day on channel 61 but when I changed channels it seemed ok. I love the feel of it.. Feels so much better balanced than my Lynx 3D or a M8 or and other radio that sticks out to the side like that.
Of course thats my opion. I am very impressed with the actual radio and the price is SUPER I got mine for 219.99 + 8 for shipping and some other parts from a place online. IF you are interested email me.

The brake throw is not as far as some other radio its not a 50/50 more 70/30 at best Backspur complained about that then later said when driving he didn't notice it. I persoanlly love it other than the glitching that once kinda bugged me.
I had an XR2 before and it was a qaulity radio. Not to mention the servos that come in the kit can easily run a GT without issue a nice 85 in MG servo will handle the steering on a GT with no issues.. So far its 4 of 5 stars just need to get some more time on it to make sure the glitch as a fluke..X

Also almost forgot the Antena is not to long either I really like that...X
:stupid: I love mine and also like X said the balance is real nice. I havent had the problem with glitches and it is still on 61. I got mine for 199 at a LHS here and that is one of the main reasons I got it. It is a full Synth system for 200, that what I call a deal. Also very easy to use IMO.

Is it a full synth system or do you need to pickup the synth RX too?

Felt nice and looked nice when I manhandled it but I wasn't looking at the kit. Havent run one but sounds good so far.

C its the best deal on the market its causeing the Lynx prices to fall apart on ebay I sold mine just in time. It comes with Full Synth TX and RX both and it a couple nice servos all for around 230 street...x

Damn nice man! Hopefully it will drop the Futaba prices as well. I picked up the HRS 3PK model for about 250 with the HRS TX and RX. Nice part was I could use the synth from my Lynx in the TX and all of the Spectra RX's. But if I had to buy them seperately.....

Well as far as Futaba lowering prices I don't really see that happening. What I am waiting on is for Airtronics to release a new radio. The M8 is pretty old, also the XS3 does not use a moduel persay its all internal so you can't load a module in it. I do hear that JR is making a Moduel for the R1 as we speak though so that will be cool...X