XRAY XB8E project

• Thread starter Cheez ‘n’ Quackers
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheez ‘n’ Quackers

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Happy Pumped Up GIF by AT&T

Just arrived, build starts next week.
image.jpg

No time to start build tonight. Reading manual and checking a few things out. Impressive

IMG_2856.jpeg

IMG_2857.jpeg

Never done this before. Gonna give it a try.
image.jpg

Yea. My B74.1 had this in the manual. I didn't put it on the scale though. I just built the diffs like a normal person. Lol.
I hear ya, just for sh*Ts and grins I’ll try it.

Yea. My B74.1 had this in the manual. I didn't put it on the scale though. I just built the diffs like a normal person. Lol.
Will post how that works out.

Getting started…bags are labeled numerical instead of letters like Tekno and Mugen.
1684968864369.jpeg

IMG_0521.jpeg

IMG_0522.jpeg

IMG_0523.jpeg

IMG_0524.jpeg

Center diff
IMG_0525.jpeg

Letting the bubbles bleed.

IMG_0526.jpeg

Feeling sturdy and smooth.

IMG_0527.png

IMG_0528.jpeg

IMG_0529.jpeg

Last edited:
Front and rear diff bulkheads with labyrinth dust covers and diff height inserts.

IMG_0530.jpeg

The spring clips and dust boots on the cvd’s are kinda cool And it’ll be interesting to see how the adjustable diff height works out.
IMG_0531.jpeg

IMG_0532.jpeg

IMG_0533.jpeg

IMG_0534.jpeg

Starting out with diffs in lower position.

IMG_0536.jpeg

Man, I want one!

Every time I come back to this thread and see that excited toddler I laugh uncontrollably. This thread needs a warning label. "Will spit your drink all over your phone" 😜

Rear suspension.

IMG_0535.jpeg

The plastics appears to be stronger/sturdier. The gearboxes definitely beefier 💪. The Mugen shock towers get my vote for higher quality. Xray offers an aluminum tower upgrade. I’m holding off on that for now. For a “Luxury “ kit Xray does cheap out in a couple of areas. Crappy droop screws and inferior bearings in the diffs for example.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Bag #4

image.jpg

Bag #5 Front suspension.
IMG_0542.jpeg

IMG_0548.jpeg
IMG_0549.jpeg

Bag #6
IMG_0543.jpeg

While I appreciate pillow balls I definitely don’t like building them. These were a PITA!
IMG_0544.jpeg
IMG_0545.jpeg

Bag #6 front and rear assembly completed. One of the threads in the PB steering block gave total grief. Could not get it thread properly. After an hour or so finally forced it in . I’m sure it’s cross threaded but I was able tighten it down until the pillow ball started to bind and then back it off just enough so it moves freely. I’m not sure whether it’s user error or design flaw. 🤷
IMG_0546.jpeg
IMG_0547.jpeg
IMG_0550.jpeg

Last edited:
Bag #7 Steering
IMG_0552.jpeg

Center Diff and motor next.
IMG_0557.jpeg
IMG_0558.jpeg