X-maxx or Kraton?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruces

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm a newbie to RC cars and want to get a cool dirt bike. I'm torn between X-maxx and Kraton. So I want to really know what you guys think of them. Which do you think is better? I learned in this article (Kraton vs Xmaxx) that Arrma cars are more durable while Traxxas cost less. Don't know if it matches what it claims.

thank you for your reply.

Hello,
I'm a newbie to RC cars and want to get a cool dirt bike. I'm torn between X-maxx and Kraton. So I want to really know what you guys think of them. Which do you think is better? I learned in this article (Kraton vs Xmaxx) that Arrma cars are more durable while Traxxas cost less. Don't know if it matches what it claims.

thank you for your reply.
Sup.

You mean you want to get a cool rc car? Or dirt bike?

From what I've seen on (cough cough) Kevin Talbot's channel is that the Xmaxx can take a beating. There is also the saying Arrma tough.

If I had to choose, it would be the Xmaxx. Purely based of the baddest basher not breaking it easily.

But we all know it's not when you land, it's HOW you land that depends on what breaks. 😂

@Bruces , everybody will have their choice so asking which is better really isn't the best way to go. I would watch several videos on each one with comparisons and base that on your choice. I have several different rigs and I don't run them because they are better than one another, I run them because they are fun.
Both are great choices.
I built my Xmaxx and plan on building a K8 as well. Everything breaks, it's the nature of the hobby.
It basically is down to what style you want. The Xmaxx is a monster truck so it is best used for heavy bashing, big jumps, and performing stunts.
The K8 on the other hand is a much better choice for a racing scenario because it is a Truggy with a lower profile and will corner much better at high speeds.

Last edited:
Sup.

You mean you want to get a cool rc car? Or dirt bike?

From what I've seen on (cough cough) Kevin Talbot's channel is that the Xmaxx can take a beating. There is also the saying Arrma tough.

If I had to choose, it would be the Xmaxx. Purely based of the baddest basher not breaking it easily.

But we all know it's not when you land, it's HOW you land that depends on what breaks. 😂
Our Granite says Arrma tough on it, but it hasn't left my RC room once yet without breaking. Completely disappointed in it to be honest, especially considering we don't even jump it. It is just driven in a flat field.

My Typhon is the same way. When it runs she runs like a raped ape but that don't happen often so I rarely run it. In fact, I haven't run it since I fixed it a year ago.