Wraith build in final stages!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobaloohoo

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Today i got a bunch of stuff in and I'm not done yet;) I just installed a vanquish four link/steering link set with steel CVD shafts along with 2.2 TSL SX 2.2 super swampers and g-made true beadlock rims. Have castle 3800 motor and esc with savox servo that was previously installed. Decided to also install a toolbox in the battery tray in the back to hold spare parts while on the trail! OH and a little shirt amain threw in with my order:) ill keep yall posted on more updates in the future
unnamed (14).jpg

unnamed (9).jpg
unnamed.jpg
unnamed (9).jpg
unnamed.jpg
unnamed (8).jpg
unnamed (7).jpg
unnamed (6).jpg
unnamed (3).jpg
unnamed (1).jpg

both, we go to a few hill climbing spots and rock crawling spots. I'm diggin how this thing is coming along

Is that motor you're going to use sensored? If not, you'll have to gear WAY down to keep it from cogging on the rocks, been there done that. Fast wraiths are fun too though, I love mine to death. Probably gets the most drive time of anything I own to be honest just because it's so versatile.

its sensorless, i geared it waaaay down a few months ago, I've had the motor in it for a while now and the gears in it for a while. i was worried at first but with it being geared down it has no problem crawling. it can't super crawl but it can crawl to my liking. I've tuned the motor down to 50% speed also so it helps, still pretty darn fast too.

Wraith is almost done, need to get a few things. next couple things I'm going to do is buy new shocks for starters and an older k5 body and wrap it around this chassis neatly
unnamed (11).jpg
unnamed (12).jpg
unnamed (10).jpg
unnamed (15).jpg

Looks nice man! I had a blast building my wraith. Problem is now it justs sits on the shelf.

why dont you run it?

thanks man, we ain t quite there yet, but its gettin as much as i can give her lol

Nice looking wraith bro, I'm very interested in seeing the K5 shell on it.

I'm gonna cut the cab off of it so this cage sticks out the top, but all the sides and the hood will still be there

I can't wait to see that! Also, I notice your swampers (and my RB II's) do the same thing mine do, they clog up in the loose stuff. But, they're good on hardpack and rock though. Has that been your experience also? I honestly think for my east coast terrain, my cut boggers are about the best all around tire I have.

oh yes I've noticed they do that exact thing and are beast on hardpack and rock. i have cut boggers i gave to my dad to put on his deadbolt and he loves them. i got a video being rendered right not that ill post up on here when its done of me and him hill climbing and rock bouncing

I can't wait to see that K5. I love them as you can see from this pic of my last project:
20141111_174252_zpspmy1w7s0.jpg

K5's are one of the best looking bodies ever made

Video completed! nothing special but it is what it is

it definately does lol. the boggers grip a little better