WOW, great day

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mudbuddy

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Man, what a great day yesterday running my Tmaxx. We bashed for over four hours with no tunning problems and didn't break anything.
Gotta love a day like that. 70' weather make for a well tuned engine that runs like a bat out of hell.

Attachments

• truck1.jpg
    truck1.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 100
Sweet, Looks like you had fun.. Anymore pixs of the action?

Sweet, Looks like you had fun.. Anymore pixs of the action?

I'm thinking of taking some video. My buddy has a sweet backyard that he built a huge dirt dirt bike jump in. he pull all the dirt out of a pit and smoothed it out with a trackor. I think you guys would like it, makes for some great bashing/racing. Jumps, high speed running, with a big bowl in the bottom. its some of the funnest RC'in I've ever done.

Sounds like a good time! And in all honesty I gotta say you have a GREAT avatar!! With a mudbuddy like that most of us would forget we had rc's

Makes it a little hard to drive a rc on a hot day when they are out and all shiney like that. :p:

Well I guess I did break something. tore the truck down yesterday to clean and inspect it. I noticed that both my back wheels had some slop in them. took the wheels off and found on both sides I trashed the inner bearing in the knuckle.
Are the traxxas stock bearings JUNK or did I have something come loose to wear the bearing out. Its no big deal to replace, easy fix. I did not notice anything loose or out of wack before or after running. the truck has less than a half gallon though it.

Well I guess I did break something. tore the truck down yesterday to clean and inspect it. I noticed that both my back wheels had some slop in them. took the wheels off and found on both sides I trashed the inner bearing in the knuckle.
Are the traxxas stock bearings JUNK or did I have something come loose to wear the bearing out. Its no big deal to replace, easy fix. I did not notice anything loose or out of wack before or after running. the truck has less than a half gallon though it.

I upgraded mine to RPM but didnt have any issues with them beforehand. Went to RPM for durability and they use larger bearings than stock. My guess is maybe you had somethin else come loose that made the bearings fail. Possible your wheelnuts came loose and your hex dug into them? IDK for sure but just throwing it out there

wha..... what? whas the topic of this thread?

I upgraded mine to RPM but didnt have any issues with them beforehand. Went to RPM for durability and they use larger bearings than stock. My guess is maybe you had somethin else come loose that made the bearings fail. Possible your wheelnuts came loose and your hex dug into them? IDK for sure but just throwing it out there

Ya, I'm not to sure either, oh well, all fixed now and ready to run. So I will run it until it breaks again.:D

Back