Would sway bars help keep my slash 4x4 from rolling on asphalt?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NurturantQuasar

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I run mainly asphalt so if I got a sway bar kit for my slash would that cause it to slide rather than grip roll?

sway bars or anti roll bars are made to make your car stiffer when cornering.
The bars come in different thickness as well so you can pick and choose how to set up your car.
you can also adjust these by having for example a softer setting on the front and stiffer setting on the back - this will usually result in 3 wheel cornering where the inside rear wheel will take air born in a corner and the front outside of the car will somewhat dig into its suspension.
You could also have 2 different thickness bars on the car say, a thinner on the front and thicker on the back..
In the end practice makes perfect and only you can figure out how you want the car to handle.

I agree with Deku. Sway bars would help keep the car from loading so much of the weight onto the outside wheels in a corner. So they should help a good amount with rolling.

A tad firmer spring will help here as well. But that will depend on sway bar setup as well. And if you can lower the car a bit by using internal stops on the shock shaft to limit their travel a bit, you will lower your center of gravity, which will help prevent roll.

Another thing to consider is tire compound. You could go with a bit harder compound that is more forgiving in the corners. If your tires allow for a bit of looseness, they will prevent the car from digging in and rolling so much.

I also agree with @WickedFog , less grippier/harder and or stiffer compound tires will help losen the car so the slash will loose grip when say hard cornering. Just like firmer springs/spring/shock setting, will have close to the same effect. However lowering the slash will probably make it understeer more so test with and at your own risk lol
@NurturantQuasar Let is know what you did and if helped!

Aside from good tips mentioned above, LCG conversion if it already isn't LCG would probably make a big difference.

Back