Woo hoo i got a buggy!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxximus Output

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well i got rid of my 21 maxx as it was becoming a money pit and needing some 1/8 scale diffs soon and yesterday i took delivery of my first 1/8 scale buggy.I got a hyper 7 rtr with 8 port hyper,the 8 port was a nice suprise.Has anyone on the board got any advice on this buggy or general buggy advice ,Thanks.
my_bug3.jpg
my_bug2.jpg

I also got a lynx 3d fm and novak xxtra synth reciever,any views on this radio to?

congrats

He he he i can pad my count also :bandit:

Nice looking buggy, I don't own one so I can't help ya on that but you can go to the radio forum and read some threads on the Lynx 3D radio. there are several members who have one

Thanks flatop ill have a look:)

Check ALL of the major screws in between tanks for the first 10 tanks or so. The RTR's are notoriously "screwed together loosely"....and the buggies with all that power and such little suspension travel pop them loose quite easily! I lost three screws on my GS Storm after the first few tanks.

Buggies jump like nothing...but the landings are HARD on them. Some will tell you that's why the skid plate is so strong - big jumps are like belly flops for buggies, go easy on it!

Street tires! Doing a four wheel drift on the street with a buggie is a riot! It's great for tuning too - better than shredding your dirt meats.

Thanks toxic avenger,I've gone over the screws with loctite but i will keep tabs on em,what shock oil do you use?

CONGRATS! Nice buggy! I dont have a buggy YET but working on it.

As far as the radio goes, EXCELLANT CHOICE! The menu can be a little cumbersome, but, once you get beyond that, its pure heaven. Especially at the track. While everyone scrambles for crystals you can sit back and say OWNED to all the channels hehehe

And if you are ever out bashing with a CLOSE BUDDY who has an FM system as well, you can always 'dial a crash' and have him scratching his head for days!

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
And if you are ever out bashing with a CLOSE BUDDY who has an FM system as well, you can always 'dial a crash' and have him scratching his head for days!

Chris,
Be careful with that. The buggy might not be the only thing getting bashed :trout:

Well you dont DESTROY it, and of coarse you fess up too it. Thats why I said CLOSE BUD!

;)

I recently got a buggy, here is what I've found out so far...

ITS A BLAST :)

Shock Oil?? Can't remember what I put in!! Pretty sure it's got 60wt in it. I put shock boots on them too - I get tired of rebuilding shocks all the time. All of my toys have shock boots.

Are the diffs sealed? Can you put diff oil in them on that kit?

Thanks all.matts this is the new hyper 7 rtr with the 2.5 hp 8 port hyper included woo hoo.Still breaking her in so i will let you know what the outcome is.I filled the diffs today with 1000 rear ,7000 centre and 5000 up front and I'm runnin 20 w in rear shocks and 25 up front .I love this radio and i'm nearly up to speed on how to use it now:D :banana:

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ

HA HA now thats funny .. as I'm his close friend ..i will now know whats causing the .. cough little accidents :D