WOO HOO! Another project

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vbgagnon

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey guys, I just picked up an mbx-4 that i'm going to make into a truggy! $100 for the roller, its got a new center and rear diff (mbx-5 diffs) a reciever pack, and a spare set of arms all the way around. Now its time to find myself the conversion kit (for as little as possible of course I'm a cheap ass!) WOO HOOO I can't wait to start on tha bad boy!

WTF???? I'm trying to find a way to break into the buggy world and I can't find any decent rollers. Actually, I just missed on one on ebay. Someone let a HB Lightning roller with rtr radio go for under $100....

Candyman you can always buy mine. PM me if you want it.

VB-- Great find! Post up pics!!

Sorry Jon, I thought about it, but it's totally outside my budget right now. I'm looking for an inexpensive way to get a simple basher buggy for a bit. Don't get me wrong, yours looks great. Just too much for me right now...

Anyway...Sorry to derail your thread VB!!!!!

Me too VB. I am interested in doing a truggy sometime and want to hear from a respected member. Please post up pics before and after. I may do this to my PCR PRO if no ones buys it but my MBX5 is not out of that picture.

Go try Fleabay as they have the JT truggy conversion kits there cheap.

There was just a JT conversion thead that was pretty good not too long ago. scroll down, and find it I think it was specifically for the Mugen. Good luck. Sounds like a good project. I sure would like to do this to my Lightning.

I'm just wondering guys, is JT racing the only company that makes conversion kits? I thought there was another but I can't find it anywhere.

Let me look as I think there was one other one. ..

Thanks! I knew somebody would have an answer, or at least find an answer!

husky24tn has got a mbx4 truggy 4 sale i think he wants $350

holeshot engineering makes a kit, and I've hear that Native Racing (iirc) does truggy stuff, although I'm not sure what. when i was picking out a kit i looked at the holeshot (150 on ebay) and JT racing (about 150 on ebay again). the JT kit is all aluminum with super thick towers, the kind you will NEVER bend. the holeshot kit is all really thick carbon fiber. i opted for the aluminum kit for durability purposes. its heavier but i felt i looked a lot stronger and was engineered better.

just my opinion on the subject, hope it helps.

Thanks corrado, thats exactly what I was looking for. I tried to respond to your other post buy my net connection at work went down.

Damn You Corrado!!! I found that out through my LHS guy. Oh well its cool whatever helps the forum. I may be keeping my PCR PRO after all so I may just do a truggy to check it out!!

Thanks

Jon

Well here she is, I'm going to get the conversion kit after xmass. I stripped it down and rebuilt her, and this is what she looks like!

dscf0041.jpg

dscf0039.jpg

dscf0040.jpg

I can't wait to run it!

did the engine come with that as well?

Nah I put that on for the pic. I'm a little too eager to run it, but there is alot of snow and its cold so I can't :(

Do you know the best way to clean an engine? I had an exhaust leak last season and that poop caked on and I can't figure out how to get it off the block.

well I tried Oven cleaner but you have to take the engine apart. I took the internals out covered the openings up and sprayed oven cleaner. Damn my block looked brand new!!! I just let it sit for like 20 mins then scrubbed her down with some DA and Voila!!! Looks brand new. Just be careful of the rubber parts as I was told that Oven cleaner can destroy that. I was told. If you do it post some pics. I did it to an old engine I had and the thing looks great!!

Jon

use WD40 and a stiff toothbrush. after the engine is apart you can use oven cleaner. because as jon2 said, it will destroy the seals. you can also try a degreaser like simple green.

Back