Wont go foward till it warms up

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob D

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok all you tmaxx guru's .. Start tmaxx let it warm engine up try to take off no go revs but wont move.. switch to reverse pops right in gear shoots of backwards

Switch to foward no go revs .. so i put back in revers drive around 1/2 tank in reverse switch forward takes off no problem.

Thsi is second time I've had it do this i just had trans apart couple weeks ago replace bearings and what not and worked fine first 3 trips out in the bone cold one day it was 20 degrees .. so now its warm and wont go foward till trans warms up i guess..

What gives ? i got a FOC on the way to put in should have done it b4

Thx Rob

Hey Rob, check your idle setting. It sounds like you may have your idle too high where it won't let you shift into forward. If you turn it off today, in forward, and don't touch anything as far as shifting, then use it another day does it do the same thing. also check you tranny servo and linkage, if you had it apart you may not have gotten the linkage set back up just right for the reverse mechanism. All this will all be gone anyway once you install the foc. My reverse was always a pain in the ass, I only wish I had put the foc in sooner.

its not idleing fast at all and didnt fool with linkage thats what got me all i did was pop link rod off and idle is very low to where it almost stalls but i think foc will just fix it like i said was fine last week for 2-3 runs then starting acting up but ill play with it some

looked like new i did but turck used but dont think it was run much i t was only month old when i bought it ..now I've run hell out of it but gears where nice and white not pointy or sharp like they been ground down ..

ill wont be running it till sat left it in back of buick when water pump went out .. luckly dads truck was there try to be nice go wait for service man to come fix stove and see what happend

Also funnyest of all was i ran away from in a race a 2.5 maxx even tuned it for neighbor couldnt keep up the the os 15 cvx

I have the OS CVX 15 too, great engine! I have not yet had the opportunity to run against a 2.5 with it yet though.

well now that its tuned it wont pull wheelies with 20tooth CB but it will wind up and go plus just in case someone is whipping the os 15 with the 2.5 i will state i dont know what kind of shape neighbor keeps it in i did tune it for him but beyond that i dont know ..dont want any engine wars ...:ball:

Back