Wish I would have known!!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveono

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I wish I would have known that a Savage is this much better than a dang Maxx. I would have saved alot of time and aggravation. I've ran 6 tanks of gas through my savage so far and it just keeps gettin better and better. Still using the same plug too. I went through 7 with the maxx and the thing still wouldnt run.This savage idles smooth ad runs great and I havent really leaned it out much at all. I dont think a Maxx is a good choice for beginners, because I was just about ready to give up nitro rc on my 1st truck. But now I'm lovin every minute of it.

I know what you are saying My Maxx is driving me feaking insane!!! I might have to sell it and get me a Savage lol I dunno I'm getting so frustrated!

Trust me man. Put it on Ebay and order a Savage. Ultimatehobbies.com has em for 369 shipped. I played with mine all day and no problems whatsoever. I knew it was gonna be better when I first started it, because it took me all day to get my maxx started.And when I did it ran for like 10 seconds and died,and fouled a plug

I'm tellen ya the savage is what well not what but the ONLY thing that kept me into nitro.

For an all around low maintence basher/jumper/punishment/abuse rig I just don't think you can find better.

I know there are people true to the maxx, but I just didn't, and don;t have the cash to make the maxx enjoyable.

I payed $200 for my Savage 21, and I put in about $80.00 TOTAL for parts replacment, INCLUDING a new hi-tech agressor and servos. So aside from the radio I got about $30.00 in to it. I have honestly burned more money in fuel than the entire cost or purchasing and maintaining the Savage.

With the T-Maxx when it would run I really am ashamed to even try to count the money spent on replacing parts, not counting servos and such. I can count at least $200 without trying, and that's without fuel or any aftermarket parts.

You've also got the engine issue. A .15 just isn't enough power to move a monster truck like you want it to be moved, and any decent power .18 will ruin the running gear starting with the diffs. It's a catch 22.

I'm now enjoying things like
Trying to back/front flip in the air
Running through mud
Chasing 1/1 cars
Trying to jump rediculous things
Being able to consider a nice radio because I don't have to lay out parts $$
Playing with the tune/different pipes/different gears.

With the max I was soo busy keeping it running and trying to tune I never got to enjoy it.

Ahh I got carried away, I'm just really enjoying the hell out of the hobby this year because of the savage. I got at least 7 gallons through it and it's still in great shape.

I'm glad your enjoying the Savage Steveono BTW which version did you get?

I wish I had the money right now I would get a savage I'm so sick of my Maxx all I ever do is work on it and I've ran it about 30 to 40 minutes and its broke 3 diffent times in a 6 month period. Its seriously pissing me off. I sold alot of things on ebay to make the money to get my T-Maxx used of ebay and so far I havent enjoyed it much at all!!!. I would have given up on the hobby already if I diddnt have my Trusty electric Ruslter its a blast and almost NEVER breaks down on me.

I got the Savage 25 rtr, lykan

Welcome to the Savage club. It is much more fun here. It's like going from the girl next door to a supermodel. LOL!!

I feel the pain of Traxxas I have a Rustler that wont run 10 minutes without poping parts. I thought this is how the hobby was. Ride a lil work alot. Got a Savage and was mad babying it. That didnt last long. Today i took it to work and was easing it up to the wall of the building and gasing it to make it do flips on the wall. What fun Savage is a great choice.

Back