Wiring up a Mamba Monster X for use in EREVO

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey Guys,

Looking to pick up a new Mamba Monster X to upgrade the stock dual motor setup in my ERevo. The question is how do I wire up the power inputs on the ESC so that I can use the two battery setup? If I look at the Traxxas page it appears Traxxas has wired up the ESC with a red wire going to the positive side of one connector and the black wire I am assuming going to the negative side of another connector. Then it appears the two connectors are then jumped together with another black wire. Is it jumped Negative to Positive or are both connectors coming off of the ESC going to both positive leads on the connectors and the two negative terminals jumped together? I just wanted to find out before purchasing so I knew how to wire it up. Thanks guys.

Tom

Hey Guys,

Looking to pick up a new Mamba Monster X to upgrade the stock dual motor setup in my ERevo. The question is how do I wire up the power inputs on the ESC so that I can use the two battery setup? If I look at the Traxxas page it appears Traxxas has wired up the ESC with a red wire going to the positive side of one connector and the black wire I am assuming going to the negative side of another connector. Then it appears the two connectors are then jumped together with another black wire. Is it jumped Negative to Positive or are both connectors coming off of the ESC going to both positive leads on the connectors and the two negative terminals jumped together? I just wanted to find out before purchasing so I knew how to wire it up. Thanks guys.

Tom
ESC + to connector +
ESC - to other connector's -
First connector's - goes to the second connectors +
56085-top-chassis.jpg

Thanks, guys! That is what I figured I just wanted to be sure. I have burned up a speedo on an EMaxx brushless conversion by wiring the wrong way, but that speedo had dual outputs that I wired wrong. With this having just two wires I wanted to be sure. Thanks!

Tom

So, its wired in series from the get go? Neat. Does that mean you have to use a dual battery setup for that ESC?

So, its wired in series from the get go? Neat. Does that mean you have to use a dual battery setup for that ESC?

No, you can wire it normal for a single battery. My question was just how to wire it for a dual capacity.

@Alexander_0_1 yea, mine is series out of the box. I thought of making a jumper to run a single 2s, but my concern is if one battery would take the load or just kill runtime.

No, you can wire it normal for a single battery. My question was just how to wire it for a dual capacity.

Oh, then I'd probably do what hpiguy said, but I'd use a parallel adaptor.

@Alexander_0_1 yea, mine is series out of the box. I thought of making a jumper to run a single 2s, but my concern is if one battery would take the load or just kill runtime.

I'm sure a single battery would be fine, but yea it'd cut you run times in half, or at least that's what happens in my mini-erevo.