wing mounting

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racin_38

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
wassup ppl
i have noticed alotta ppl running wings on there maxx's and i would like to know what i will need to mount 1 on mine ,
they look kool ass hell and want to do it
any advice please let me know or pics and a parts list of what i need would be excellent
thanx
rick

monster trucks don't need wings......they fly as well as an RC brick should... :D

now plaid.. you should know by now that a wing (or fin or spoiler) adds horse power.. just like vineles and stickers and that little R logo.. oh and cabon fiber makes everything faster!! i put some on my mower so i can get the yard done faster!!

on a serious note hes prolly refering to a crowd pleazer proline body.. they come with wings.. or he has seen a truggy and thought it was a maxx

lol..so true so true
just think they look cool as hell mounted
need something to tool on till i get my .18 back from warranty repair and really bored sitting here w/bad back and all just bored silly

thats possible that i seen a truggy
just was surfing misbehavin's site and seen a MT with a wing

a lot of the Revo racers do it mostly because it saves the ass end of the body from getting smashed to easily.....the truggies I guess would actually benefit from it more because of the similarity to a buggy driveline......

on the Revo they use th eMugen wing mount....I'm sure you could use any wing mount provided it cleared all your necessities...just drill through the shock tower and screw it in.....I'm pretty sure you will hav eto mod some stuff to mount it but it shouldn't be too difficult to do for racin_38 .....he fabed some engine mounts or bulkhead braces for Jesse so I know he's got shop skills to some degree.....

plaid you must have me mistaken for another racin

i have helped him out but never made anything for him ,i did have a nice shop to work in before my father passed away but nothing since ,

yep your right I was thinking of that dirt oval racer (or soemthing) from colorado...sorry bout that....I thought I saw the Icon on his posts....anyway if you've had any shop experience you should be able to make something w/ a little flat bar and a drill to hold the wing mounts on the shock towers of a maxx.....

Duct tape can fix anything dude....it's like magic and stuff

if they could combine duct tape and electrical tape.. the world would be a better place..

duct tape is like the force..
it has a dark side and a light side..
and hold the universe together..

show me a picture I'm sure I ether have something or could build it

Duck tape !!!

Plaidfish said:
Duct tape can fix anything dude....it's like magic and stuff
Heres my real car .I got into a little fender bender. Well mine got ripped all the way off off and part of the front. I had three pit crew guys come and tape it up . I remember I was thinking geeeezzz how bad is it .Doug told me it was just cosmetic but don't do any love taping. After the race I looked at it and couldn't believe it held it

Attachments

• imga0464.jpg
    imga0464.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 117
I got into RCs so I wouldn't be spending sooooooo much money on my street car.....If I had something like that I don't think I'd ever play w/ my RCs again....I miss going fast....

yea but

when you crash a RC car hard you don't end up in the hospital. And maybe I was unlucky but my doctor didnt look like Nicol Kiddman at all

Back