Will this 2 prong fan work with a 3 prong connector? (Arrma Vorteks 3s)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitch

RCTalk Qualifier
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi all! Just wanted to make sure this fan:
IMG_1535.jpeg

Will work with this connector:
IMG_1534.jpeg

On my Arrma Vorteks 3s. If so, which side do I plug it into? Are there any downsides? Just wanted to check before I buy the fan for $8. Thanks!

IMG_1534.jpeg

It might, it might not. The fan has a JST. By the looks of it, the car has a futaba servo extension? If you do use this, plug the fan into the positive and negative side. The other wire is not needed because fans only need power, not a signal wire.
Something like this is what you might need. This comes with my protek fans.
Screenshot_20230729-192132.png

For the fan itself, not sure. Send a link? I use ProTek in my race stuff. My uncle uses WTF (Wild Turbo Fans) (I know you were thinking about something else here, lol)

No .you will have to cut plugs off and splice wires together.best if soldered .dont forget heatshrink tube

Yes it will fit into the connector and work just fine. I have a few fans like that just make sure you plug the 2 pins onto the red and black lead and not the white as the fan won't work and if it doesn't spin just flip it around as they are not keyed. There is a triangle mark on the connector housing to designate which wire is which but I can't remember if the ground is marked or if the positive is the one that is marked.
No .you will have to cut plugs off and splice wires together.best if soldered .dont forget heatshrink tube
You can plug them together.

Here is one of those plugged directly into a receiver.

20210616_122051.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like 2/3rds of a servo connector, so I say it'll work.

Hi all! Just wanted to make sure this fan:View attachment 169483
Will work with this connector:
View attachment 169484

On my Arrma Vorteks 3s. If so, which side do I plug it into? Are there any downsides? Just wanted to check before I buy the fan for $8. Thanks!

View attachment 169482
Yea it will work. You just got to make sure you connect the correct wires. Red and black or Brown and red. Would be your power wires. Yellow or white. Would be your signal wires. Which the fan doesn't need. Fans just needs power wires connected....

Back