Will A 6 volt reciever pack fit?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agm130

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I was just wondering if anyone knows for sure if a 6 volt reciever pack will fit in the Savage? There dosnt look like there is any room for a 5 cell pack?

If so what is a good one to get?

I think a 5 cel hump pack will fit. Ask 007kel. he just got one for his savage.

Yep, I just put a 5 cell RD Logics hump back on my savage. I had to buy a new on/off switch in order for the connectors to mate. The stock Futaba switch would not connect to the new hump back. So the guy at the hobby shop sold me a new switch. It wasn't a problem to install either.

Ok, I'm not sure if the pack I got is bigger than normal? But I can't seem to fit it into the reciver box?
Can you send me a pic with yours installed?

Here's a pic of the hump back battery pack on my savage. I took my savage apart so you only see the where the battery, servos, and receiver attach.

Attachments

• savage battery 01.jpg
    savage battery 01.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 132
Cool, Thanks. I did get a larger pack. Its a 6v 2700 mAh. I'm going to mout it to the front shock tower.

yep, the 6v 3 + 2 hump packs fit easily. i heard the 4 + 1 are harder to fit but they will.

Originally posted by scoXcel
yep, the 6v 3 + 2 hump packs fit easily. i heard the 4 + 1 are harder to fit but they will.

The 4+1, I dont think will fit at all. I've tried about every way posible and its not going in the reciever box.

What kind of 6v did you get AGM?.been looking around for battery pack for my savage. i hate asking those guys at ny LHS coz 99% of the time theyd sell me something that will make them more profit.I'd rather ask you fellow savage owner.:banana:

I would assume that the 3+2 6v has 1.2 v in each battery?