Will 17mm hex's fit on my Revo 2.5R with 14mm hex's

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J4sona

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
As above, seems there is alot more wheel options for the 17mm hex size, so wondering if i can simply put 17 hex's on mine?

.....ok edit, I've seen i can get adaptor kits to convert to 17mm. I will need th pins and nuts but can anyone recommend a good kit for the revo 2.5r which is cheaper then the traxxas set?

Thanks

Dont cheap out here, either go with the traxxas or get the ofna ones

Yea seems like i need traxxas so thats the ones I'm going with :)

The ofna ones are better

I like the look of the splined blue sytle of the traxxas and they are cheaper :)

The Traxxas 17mm hex is probably going to be your cheapest bet. I'd also consider upgrading your axle carriers too with RPM axle carriers as they are more beefier than the stock carriers.

Just my opinion but I would not buy rpm axle carriers. Total waste of money. The pivot balls constantly pop out of the carriers. At least in the front, now I have not had a single problem with the top pivot in the true trac setup but the fronts are junk. I have had no problems with the heavy duty traxxas carriers with the steal retainer ring. Just my opinion, but I have 3 sets that are shot of my own and other sets of buddies of mine with the same issue.

Just my opinion but I would not buy rpm axle carriers. Total waste of money. The pivot balls constantly pop out of the carriers. At least in the front, now I have not had a single problem with the top pivot in the true trac setup but the fronts are junk. I have had no problems with the heavy duty traxxas carriers with the steal retainer ring. Just my opinion, but I have 3 sets that are shot of my own and other sets of buddies of mine with the same issue.

My experience has been just the opposite. I've destroyed 3 OE Traxxas carriers(all fronts) and never ever had an RPM give me trouble. I found the Traxxas ones to be brittle. 2 I blew in half and the broke out the back.

Weird, other than the pivot balls pulling through I have never broke any. All depends how it lands I guess. Just seems to me the plastic is to soft and stretches around the pivot ball. It would be great if they put the steal retainer on the rpms. Like I said it was just my opinion and experiences with the rpm carriers

Back