Wild Fires in Northern California WTH!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitrotrout

Nitro Junkie
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
"Spare the Air" days, red flag fire danger, potential drought conditions and water rationing? Its January! WTH is going on?

Never thought I'd see wildfires sprouting up this early in the year but sure enough, its happening as I sit here.
We haven't had substantial rainfall since Dec. of 2012.
We'll definitely see water rationing this year. Guess I can kiss my lawns goodbye..sniffle

On a positive note, I've really enjoyed running my RC's in this 65-75* weather we're having :D

Ya know, we have a lot of wild fire and drought issues here in CO, but compared to Kalifornia, I dare say we've got it pretty good (especially on the quake end of it).

On a positive note, I've really enjoyed running my RC's in this 65-75* weather we're having

Yeah, I do envy that. It's been much warmer the last 10 days or so here, getting into the 40s mid day. In Dec, we were seeing quite a bit of sub-zero, as low as -17 F, -30 and lower with wind chill out here on the Eastern plains. 16* right now, with a few inches of snow. Not much fun with RC :/

Forecast says high 40s and 50s next week; here's to hoping things will melt off & dry out!

Last edited:
Back