wide t-maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nighttalk

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi everyone, i have one question hope u guys can help me out here.
i have an old tmaxx with trx .15 pro. it's an old truck, and i am thinking to upgrade it...
can anyone please tell me exactly what i need to buy to make it wider?
i know the wide a-arm....and what else? like shock/spring, drive shaft that kinda stuff? do i need to change that too?

thank you

hi everyone, i have one question hope u guys can help me out here.
i have an old tmaxx with trx .15 pro. it's an old truck, and i am thinking to upgrade it...
can anyone please tell me exactly what i need to buy to make it wider?
i know the wide a-arm....and what else? like shock/spring, drive shaft that kinda stuff? do i need to change that too?

thank you
You could just get wheel extenders. never tried them myself but here
is an example

wow
that's a good idea...thanks

does anyone here ever try that before?
what's the down side for that?

you could go with a Proline Wide Maxx Coversion kit, thats what I did w/ my E Maxx and it works great, here is a link to give you an idea http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=ShowSpecification&ItemID=12701 , wheel extenders would put more stress on your hub carriers and bearings, all you need is new upper and lower arms, turnbuckles, and shock towers, if you can't find a proline kit, I would go with RPM arms and towers, and lunsford for the turnbuckles..

I've thought about doing this to mine to make it more stable. I don't like the idea of the studs though. Think of how a Tmaxx tumbles. Mine will basically do cartwheels on the tires. I would think that the hex extensions would tear more up then they would fix.

Back