Wide Open Throttle on start-up

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luckless

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have a Traxxas T-Maxx 2.5 that had issues when i got it. After alot of repairs and replacing the radio system i start it up to find it full speed ahead right off the rip. My throttle seems to be working correcly after adjustments but I'm thinking one of my three carb adjustments is out, particularly, the idle. Does anyone know what the factory settings are or anything else that would cause this? Thanks ahead of time.

Do you have throttle control adjust on your radio?

Forgive me I'm new to the sport. Not sure if i do or not, I have a Traxxas Link TQ 2.4 GHz system.

---------- Post added at 7:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:15 PM ----------

If your talking about end-point adjustments, yes. I've set up the transmitter and it seems to be fine. Even when the carb is in the closed position the truck tries to take off pretty hard.

Persistence pays off, sort of. I made more adjustments and found the idle screw was in too far. Got that straightened out and started my first run. Not too crazy, didnt wanna crash it on the first run. Drove it around for about 3 or 4 minutes and it just cut off. Started right back up but was idling high and cut off after not even 1 minute. Is it too lean? it smokes a little when running and seemed to run out pretty good.:\

After following the above advice,check engine temps to help figure out if it's lean. If the engine is really hot(above 290*) when it cuts out,it's probably too lean.