WIDE-Maxx Arms on regular 2.5r

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kswiencki

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
would the wide-maxx arms fit on the regular t-maxx 2.5r? I want to get a little wider stance out of it but don't want to buy different offset wheels JUST yet.... The tires on it have plenty of meat left to them, so i'm prolly gonna wait till spring/summer... but i want to be able to take corners a little harder, or even drift on the hard pact snow that they call a road in my neck of the woods with out flipping over? lol

Every maxx after the pro 15 came with wide arms. If you have the 2.5r version you already have the wide arms.

really? i read somewhere that the 2.5r had regular arms???? maybe i'm wrong. oh well...

wheel extentions a good idea?

how about <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/Aluminum-Wheels-for-TMaxx-Proline-40-Series-Tire-Oval-B_W0QQitemZ110330279601QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio_Control_Parts_Accessories?hash=item110330279601&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50">these?</a>

It is my opinion to steer clear of wheels made of metal. Monster truck wheels go through a lot of abuse and plastic is hands down the way to go. I've even had pressed titanium beadlock wheels and although they never took severe damage I did manage to slightly bend the beadlock part. It was easily fixed and did not hinder performance or strength but plastic rims are just the way to go for those of us that actually drive our trucks.

I run the maxximzer bead lock with the 1/2 off set which makes the truck a total of 1inch wider all around. They are made with 17mm hex or the stock 14mm hex

Attachments

• tmaxx project 001.jpg
    tmaxx project 001.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 134
so wheel/hub extentions are not a bad idea?

They work fine its just that some times the extensions cause unwanted stress on axle bearings in the carriers when landing jumps.

yeah, thats what i figured...so different offset wheels it is....

Yep, offset wheels and you could drop your Max down and run a four shock 1/8 scale spring setup to get it lower and wider for handling.

hmmmm... maybe in the spring when the weather gets better and the sand on the road is gone...... but for now, it needs all the absorbtion it can get... lol.... enjoying the snow as much as possible