Why didn't I buy this sooner!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ferrebee88

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Seriously...
I have been using a crappy soldering iron and have had a hard time soldering connectors and other things. I thought it was just bad skill on my part until I Finally broke down and bought this. Wow! What a difference! This jig helps a lot too!

20230106_175419.jpg
20230106_180016.jpg

if you never had a good iron in your hands 1 will never know Had a great iron in my shop since 1983

This is a skill I have yet to master! I need to lok up some tutorials on soldering!

Try TIG just saying

I got a soldering station off Hobbyking for 10 bucks or so, so much better than a regular stick. Just needed a beefier tip to act as a heat reservoir and soldering XT90s became easy peasy.

Seriously...
I have been using a crappy soldering iron and have had a hard time soldering connectors and other things. I thought it was just bad skill on my part until I Finally broke down and bought this. Wow! What a difference! This jig helps a lot too!

View attachment 157949View attachment 157950
I love my TK-950 Station. I bought mine back before Horizon bought them out but its still running strong after well over a decade. Also as a side note, if you want to be able to use genuine Hakko soldering iron tips on your Trakpower instead of being limited to the 3 or 4 tips that Trakpower makes then heres a video on how to do it.

This is a skill I have yet to master! I need to lok up some tutorials on soldering!
While this video isnt exactly a how to solder it does give what I feel are really solid pointers and some various tips and tricks that will make your soldering better. Once you watch a basic how to solder video, you may want to come back and watch this video as well.

Back