Who knows monster truck tires?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mtx1

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys i got a set of used proline 1079 bow tie tries for my t maxx . I need a link to a review or just your review on them. I would think there more of a basher tire geared towards off road based on the tire. thanks

I called proline looks like they do not make these, i can use them in my park and based on them not being to hard i should stick to my parks around town and avoid the on road driving. I asked about a few cracks on the side walls and was told the small amount of glue i used to just go over the cuts will hold up and i should be fine. i am kinda pissed as i missed these very small cuts you only see them really if you push in the wheels around the side of the tire. I upgraded to these from a cracking 10 year old or older old school max tires. No lie the tires i got with my used maxx are the first gen tires/rims. I had to glue 3 of the 4 tires to the point i would guess i would get maybe one more spring/summer out of them. Even the rim to tire started to crack and come lose in spots on 2 tires . I just hope my proline do not start to get worse ya guys think the few little cuts on the tires will hold up just fine?

IMHO I would just replace them because if they fail, how much is it going to cost you if you we're to crash or lose control? I would look into ebay and see if you can get some tmaxx first gen tires and wheels. I'm sure they're out there due to the tmaxxs popularity and that the emaxx used the same tires for some time

IMHO I would just replace them because if they fail, how much is it going to cost you if you we're to crash or lose control? I would look into ebay and see if you can get some tmaxx first gen tires and wheels. I'm sure they're out there due to the tmaxxs popularity and that the emaxx used the same tires for some time
well the proline ones are not bad. See the little cracks are not bad i just needed a tad glue. Sorry if i made it seam like there falling apart. I just seen on 2 tires there where a few small spots. I had my girl look them over as i wanted a second set of eyes look over my tires. She said she would best describe them as a few small cuts and the glue seamed to keep them in tact. I just wanted to make sure with keeping to the off road driving should they hold up? The glue fix as i never had to fix tires. I know my old school tires that came with my maxx there just about done lol. I did glue them a few weeks back there still cracking threw the glue fixs. The rim to tire fixs have held but the tire is dry rotting so no glue will imo fix it. I just keep them for on road driving to tune my motor as all the parks are full of snow and i am not set up for driving in snow/water.

Bow Ties are a great dirt track tire. I believe that's what they were intended for mostly.
They should be fine for bashing on dirt, specifically hard or semi hard dirt surfaces.
I wouldn't run them on the street to much though, they're a soft compound.

As for the cracks, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Prolines are pretty stout. I've torn the sidewalls of Traxxas brand tires but never Prolines

Bow Ties are a great dirt track tire. I believe that's what they were intended for mostly.
They should be fine for bashing on dirt, specifically hard or semi hard dirt surfaces.
I wouldn't run them on the street to much though, they're a soft compound.

As for the cracks, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Prolines are pretty stout. I've torn the sidewalls of Traxxas brand tires but never Prolines
i will stick to the park with them, i was so happy. I was like yes i am getting some good tires . This was right after i knew i had to upgrade to better tires as the ones i got with my maxx needed to be glued all over the place. Yeah i am tad worried those little cracks/cuts to the side of these tires has me nervous i paid 30.00 for the tires. I got nice rims i can just unscrew the tires no need for gluing that is cool.

The 1079 Bow Ties were track tires, like the Holeshots & Crimefighters.
They are a good tire just on an older style 3.2 maxx rim.

I scored a set for $14 shipped & they are like brand new, I think your gonna like them.
012_zps44a1db3b.jpg

011_zpsd51fbe98.jpg

The 1079 Bow Ties were track tires, like the Holeshots & Crimefighters.
They are a good tire just on an older style 3.2 maxx rim.

I scored a set for $14 shipped & they are like brand new, I think your gonna like them.
012_zps44a1db3b.jpg

011_zpsd51fbe98.jpg

yup those are the ones i got, i used them one time at the park. I was blown away. I lowered the truck a tad and i tell ya i can not wait to get out there after the snow goes away lol. Main reason i had my tires in my hands yesterday, i was like man i can not wait to use these. See i leave my beat up old tires on as i was trying to track a air leak and do some basic tuning and setting up my linkage as i got a used truck. I found those little cracks and man i was like wtf, i felt kinda pissed. I want to know what can i use instead when these start to fail on me? I have rims where i do not need to glue tires, so i assume a new set of tires with foam will work. I think the 40 series will be to big?? I called proline and i think from what i was able to understand is nothing they have will work with my rims.

Yup, proline doesn't make Maxx size(3.2/82mm bead) tires any longer.
There are NIP 3.2 tires out there, you just have to look for them, I search Ebay once a day and I've scored some insane deals(like the tires above) by being the only bidder.

Below are are some 3.2/82mm sized tires that will work.
http://www.nitrohouse.com/Sport-Trax-Tires-WInsertTmx_p_12193.html

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCJCX&P=6

http://www.nitrohouse.com/TiresOval-Pin-Dominator-2Pc_p_9441.html

http://www.rcplanet.com/Ofna_MT_Spike_Tires_Dominator_2_p/ofn81157.htm

Here's a good deal on ebay if they don't get id up to much.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Pro-Lin...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35d229f03f

Below is a pic of the 40 series next to the Maxx 3.2.
maxxn40s_zpsa9803bc4.jpg

Back