Which would you choose?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Predat0r

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I like both of these trucks and I'm not real sure which one to pick, which one is going to be the better truck?

Choice #1:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/rvs/1864734947.html

Savage X, boulder holder body, nice rims/tires, spectrum rx/tx (will be sold bc i have a dx3s) and other "unknown" mods.
Price: $325 Shipped

Choice #2

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=658865

Savage XL, 3 bodies, stock servos, stock tires/rims, Axial black chrome beadlocks with skull rock rings, 4 servos (least being 126oz, and 2 are brand new), some other odds and ends.
Price: $310 Shipped

I think i know which is the "BETTER" deal, but which would you guys choose and why?

I can't get the RCU page to load, so I can't tell.

hmm loads fine for me, just go to rcu and search savage xl, its the savage with the blue jeep body and 2 others.

I would replace the 5.9 in the XL, other than that, it seems like it's the better buy.

Any reason why the xl over the x? (sorry just trying to get some opinions :) )

Lower center of gravity, more stable. The X is a great truck, I have one and love it, but it would be nice to have the extended chassis to help keep the front end on the ground a little easier. You can get the X, and upgrade the TVPs, but with the XL it's already done.

I'll disagree with Alien on one bit of information.
The X and the XL have a similar low center of gravity - and - both have a lower center of gravity than a .21, .25, or SS Savage.

The XL will be a bit more stable though in that it comes with wheel extender hubs - so it's got a wider stance to go along with the extra length.

I'll disagree with Alien on one bit of information.
The X and the XL have a similar low center of gravity - and - both have a lower center of gravity than a .21, .25, or SS Savage.

The XL will be a bit more stable though in that it comes with wheel extender hubs - so it's got a wider stance to go along with the extra length.

As a rule of thumb, your can have two objects with the exact same height, but different lengths. The longer of the two will have a lower cog.

alien13 did i tell you that i bought a very good clean nitro rc buggy?

Interesting Alien - I would have never guessed that the additional length would have lowered the cog. Ya learn something new every day!