which OS you guys use?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobH

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
We have a few computers nuts in the forum. I was curious which OS you guys like to use.

I've put XP on a few machines now. It's a total pig. It does odd things at times and just seems generally slow -- even with all the updates and tweaks. (one of the machines was a p4 1.6 ghz raid 0 running two 7200 RPM drives)

I run Windows 2000 on my main machine, but with the NT architecture, you run into compatibility issues with some games.

I have a lot of respect for Windows 98. It's small and fast and seems to run everything you throw at it. The downside with this of course is the age of it and the stability issues. Windows 98 and the other DOS kernel-based machines tend to get boogered up faster than the NT machines.

All you Linux people will flame me if I don't give some props to the ultimate PC operating system. I love Linux, but compatibility is king when it comes to the kids and their games.

I thought XP was the answer to compatibility vs. stability, but from what I've seen it's just loaded with more Microsoft junk and more Microsoft bugs.

What do you guys do when you want a machine that can run everything like Windows 98 but has the robust stability of Windows 2000 and Windows NT? Do you guys polish up win98 and make it hum or do you just suffer with XP?

-rob

I don't have an OS. I'm still running my stock TRX .15, but it's ported....

:whistle:

hum i run a os 15 cvx and os 12 cvx .. and run xp pro on the computer dont have many problems i find the xp pro seems as good as 2000

OS .15CV-X.....

I run XP at work. It does what I need it to. My real OS of choice is OS X. Long live the Mac baby.

maybe I'm just unlucky and had a couple of bad experiences with XP pro back to back.

look what candyman's wisecrack started. :hehe: I'm too cheap for an OS engine. :cross:

Last edited:
you are asking for it when you ask what OS you use in an RC forum :naughty:

OS X at work, OS 9 and OS 8.6 at home. XP acts really weird at times. I prefer to use Windows 3.11:D I mean Windows 2000 when I'm on a PC.

:yes: It's all good.

that os 15 cvx seems to be popular. The only engine you guys seem to recommend to people. I never really went to look at the prices before just now. They are expensive.

XP PRO ROCK SOLID ..... Oh look your a gimp thats cool got a personalized title for you...X

the os 15 cvx isnt that expensive at 140 if you dont look for good price a picco will run ya 175 or more novirossi 2$$ something sirio 175-260

OS 9.2 on a dual gig. 1.25 Gig ram and an 80 gig 15000 RPM drive (As soon as I get In Design up I'll be in OS X!)

My MAC Rocks!

Originally posted by massivex
OS 9.2 on a dual gig. 1.25 Gig ram and an 80 gig 15000 RPM drive (As soon as I get In Design up I'll be in OS X!)

My MAC Rocks!

InDesign... How you like that program. Most of the printers I work with hate that program. They all require quark or at least Illustrator or Freehand over InDesign.

DOWN WITH MAC!!! :p I used to run Win2K for the since it came out but I just recently switched to XP Pro and it has been running great. All I needed to down was turn off all of that MS BS that they have on by default. If you set XP to run for performance it will run better on slower systems.

I run XP pro just turn of all the cute things like menu animation and it wont be a "dog".

Win 2000 is a proven platform.
If your not using older peripherals XP is just as solid.

Back