Which one?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexb7109

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
which one is better for carpet oval racing? Losi mini late model or team associated 18t

Didn't I just see this somewhere? Hummm, must be getting tired...

The Late Model is better suited for racing as it is an oval car chassis and not a stadium truck chassis. The 18T CAN be set up for carpet racing but it wan't designed for it...

Last edited:
yeah you did. i just wanted to see if i could get any different reactions from anyone over here

The mini-late models run spec and mod classes down in Lexington, they seem to hold the track a lot better than the heavily modified mini-t and rc18t that were there racing in the other classes. I've had an 18t that handled like it was on rails, had the diffs tuned right for handling and performance, had a 6800kv motor and 25a esc with a 2s lipo. The new owner does race it in oval and touring tracks and it does significantly better on touring.

The Mini Late-Models are cool right out of the box too, the 18t will require significant modifications to make it really track worthy. With the spec classes on the late-models at most indoor tracks you can get in the game right out of the box.

Video from Coyote's track in Lexington, KY.

Last edited by a moderator:
There might be a cheaply priced rc18 bl for sale here shortly..........

there is a psp waiting to be shipped out for that rc18 lol

rcaddict its all good with your opinions i just wanted to see what the 1/18th guys had to say.

thanks for the help marauder. ill probably end up with the late model in the end cause its less costly and everythimg comes in the box with it so it will be easier on my wallet.

I've got an XTM Rage. Not particularly well known, but it flies!

I've only driven it on carpet with the stock tires, but it wheelied all the way down the living room! It's good just as long as you don't smack it into a kerb at 20mph - it gets kinda mullered.

If you do break anything, use Galaxy Models.

Buggington

Back